Third party apps. Why bother?

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Rudy may not have created the RSS Reader concept, but he has hit it out of the park with Fuse.

There are a lot of utilities for which there is no "official" app. There are lots of devs who offer up simple apps. The true genius and challenge in that is demonstrated when devs do it better than anyone else.

Outstanding artist and programmer is Rudy, With his talent 4 years in the making I believe instead of creating clients for companies that don't care for Windows Phones. With that talent putting myself in his shoes. I would have had created apps that are exclusive to Windows Phone.

I am not knocking his work. And Thank you Rudy. But I wish that you will soon start to develop Windows Phone exclusive apps. :).

Windows Phones is in need of dev's talented like Rudy to concentrate on the platform. Not some client,

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Outstanding artist and programmer is Rudy, With his talent 4 years in the making I believe instead of creating clients for companies that don't care for Windows Phones. With that talent putting myself in his shoes. I would have had created apps that are exclusive to Windows Phone.

I am not knocking his work. And Thank you Rudy. But I wish that you will soon start to develop Windows Phone exclusive apps. :).

Windows Phones is in need of dev's talented like Rudy to concentrate on the platform. Not some client,

Can't argue that, k0de. But how many times do we read complaints about apps that cost 99 cents or a $1.99. Consumers don't want to pay for the pizza and even devs gotta eat. I suspect that Rudy would churn out dozens of great WP apps if he could make a living doing so. An hour after installing Fuse, I was buying it. Getting rid of the ads was cool, but primarily, I believe good work should be rewarded and good devs encouraged.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Can't argue that, k0de. But how many times do we read complaints about apps that cost 99 cents or a $1.99. Consumers don't want to pay for the pizza and even devs gotta eat. I suspect that Rudy would churn out dozens of great WP apps if he could make a living doing so. An hour after installing Fuse, I was buying it. Getting rid of the ads was cool, but primarily, I believe good work should be rewarded and good devs encouraged.

Agree. And a good valid point Nerdy Woman.

But primarily Rudy campaign is "Don't forget your own apps" to streamline developers.

What good is that?

Another Android or iOS app camouflage under the MSFT design language?

Yuck. Help me please. Lol

In contrast third party app dev's like Rudy have forgotten their own apps for the Windows Phone and Windows 8,1 platforms.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes 3rd party apps are less buggy than official apps.

Since the latest official Twitter update, I'm getting duplicates of every notification in my action center.

I also have MeTweets and Twabbit, and those apps do not have the duplicate notification bug.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I like using 3rd party clients because often people like Rudy Huyn provide a more refined experience than the official apps.

However 3rd party clients and developers have their limitations and Rudy has been unable to implement video recording in 6snap because he finds it difficult and time consuming.

There are limits of what 3rd party clients can do but in many places on Windows Phone they do more than what the official apps do.
Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_380 using Tapatalk

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes 3rd party apps are less buggy than official apps.

Since the latest official Twitter update, I'm getting duplicates of every notification in my action center.

I also have MeTweets and Twabbit, and those apps do not have the duplicate notification bug.

Like a mary go around: Again and Again: Indeed most and if not all third party apps are outstanding.

Perhaps my interpretation of the whole thing is incorrect.

Plainly put:

When will Rudy or any third party apps dev's begin to develop their own concepts for Windows Phone and Windows 8,1?

In other words. When does third party development seized?

All that is required is a little algorithm of their own? Not to much to ask.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karyrney