Ok, so heres the deal:

We have a pretty poor internet service provider. Our "High Speed" is actually along the lines of Comcasts DSL. So, as you can imagine, Netflix would SEVERELY take a toll on our internet. Well, my lazy step brother who lounges around all day playing video games and watching netflix is sitting in his room on his PS3 watching netflix and it is making the internet nearly impossible to use. It takes this site like 1 whole minute to load entirely, and my phone can hardly connect to anything else.
    We have tried to discuss it with him, and he doesn't care at all. Hes also violent, so changing the wifi password or blocking him is not an option. Literally, my parents are scared of this out of control kid.

Anyways, I help pay for the internet, so I should be able to block him, but I can't because of his anger problems and such. SO, is it possible, in the wireless settings, to actually somehow limit netflix? Or even block it without him knowing? This is starting to become almost unbearable at how slow it is. I feel like I am using wifi on dial up.
    07-07-2014 01:45 PM
    Is he tech savvy?
    07-07-2014 02:03 PM
    No, hes not. But I can't simply "Block Netflix" by blocking the website, because if he goes to the website the router will literally show a "Blocked" page and he will know someone blocked it. Are there any specific ports that could be blocked to completely "kill" netflix from streaming?
    07-08-2014 03:46 PM
    What about approaching the parents in this situation? The adults in the house should have the ability to design and implement some sort of Netflix schedule or reward system. If he is tricked into thinking something is wrong with Netflix, he isn't going to learn anything. Tough situation, I know, but someone in your house with your brother's respect is going to have to step up and say something if you really want the situation to change. Easier said than done, I know. If you like to read, I suggest you check out The Road Less Traveled by M. Scott Peck. You will learn valuable insights about your brother, your family, your self, and everyone else around you. It might help you in this situation. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
    Guytronic and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-08-2014 04:08 PM
    I was going to say just change the password. Lol.
    07-08-2014 04:12 PM
    Tell him it is a usage problem in an email you got and his ps3 is no longer authorized to access the server.
    07-08-2014 04:13 PM
    Hi! I tried to Google (sorry way better here than Bing) little about this, but Im on mobile so might not be best results...

Check here, somwone with similar issue: http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php...reaming.36806/

And here

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/how-c...outer-1215963/

Here might also be something, seems that this person accidentally blocked netflix from he's ps3. http://www.efwsupport.com/index.php?topic=2401.0

I hope you get this working, he's behaviour doesnt sound fresh.
    07-08-2014 04:24 PM
    Use a router with bandwidth control (normally you would prioritize streaming) so you perhaps uses one vlan and he another so your traffic always has first priority... But then he might notice poorer quality and stops....
    Sent from my RM-892_eu_sweden_243 using Tapatalk
    07-08-2014 04:53 PM
    What router are you using now, perhaps this has the settings too
    Sent from my RM-892_eu_sweden_243 using Tapatalk
    07-08-2014 04:55 PM
    Mine is a Cisco, but there literally is no model number. It simply says Cisco. It looks like a pancake square. (Odd way to explain, but it does)
    07-09-2014 09:33 PM