What's The Best/Worst Smartphones That You Owned?

johnskrilla

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Best: Nokia Lumia 925 - Very underrated and I only had it for 2 weeks so far but I love how it feels and it is smooth. Doesn't crash a lot. Camera is very good. Not great but very good like iPhone good. I am new to windows phone but the L925 alone makes me feel that I don't wanna consider going back to android. Enjoy this phone a lot more than the previous Samsung Galaxy S4.

Worst: Pantech Burst - horrible battery life. Horrible lags. Crashes a lot. Camera sucks too. I hate how I have to root the phone if I want to screenshot and there is nothing to like about this phone. It flat out sucks.

What's your best/worst smartphones that you owned?

Sent from Seattle

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Best: Nokia Lumia 920 that I currently use. It has all the apps and features that I need, is stable on 8.1 Preview, and it has a great camera.

Worst: Nokia E71. I had two of them. They both were defective, and the battery died after only 4 hours of light use (checking emails and sending/receiving a few SMS). I ended up getting AT&T to give me a BlackBerry Bold 9000 for the same price instead of the Nokia E71, even though the BB retail price was more expensive, since the E71 was so bad.

trekgraham

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I've owned several phones in the last few years
Blackberry Curve(used to be my worst phone)
Motorola Droid(mediocre)
IPhone 3gs (2nd best)
Concord(tied worst phone)
Prism II(tied worst phone)
Nokia Lumia 521 (best phone)

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 620 is my best and worst phone.
Best because it's easy to use(not big), good screen, design etc

Worst because of terrible battery life. That sucks.

Before this I owned Nokia 6633 then 5800 Xpress Music. All those were ok. Not good nor bad.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd say the best and worst would be my old Palm Pre 2. (OK, I hold my 920 as being the best-best, but just for the sake of duality.)

The design was great, that curve, the mirror was a great touch, it was compact, beautiful.
webOS had so much potential, if things hadn't gone south, there's a significant chance I wouldn't be here. The notifications, multitasking, and how many things just felt well designed and thought out made it to be my favorite OS. Customization via Preware was a boon too. The degree of control under the hood was great as well. Messing with Govnah was fun, although risking overheating was potentially something to worry about, especially when webOS stalled when I rushed to turn down the heat. But the control was well worth it.
Wireless charging was great, touches like Exhibition, the magnets of the touchstone, they made a great experience.
the light bar in the gesture area is something I will miss.
it was just so many smaller touches that added up to something I remember fondly.

But then the bad things.
webOS was often not-responsive (beats out every other device I used), it needed custom patches for best performance. Even then, it was meh. Performance was inconsistent, the app selection made Windows Phone seem like the promised land. (exaggerated, kinda) The Sims 3 ran at a bad framerate too according to my sister.
It had some bugs, and some other stuff which weren't the best.

No other smartphone rivaled the love-hate relationship I had with that phone.

I swapped it for a Treo Pro, since I hadn't seriously used Windows Mobile before.

cameroncr95

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Best: Lumia 520
Worst: Anything LG

I had a few LG phones and they were all horrible.

The only thing bad about my Lumia is the garbage battery. Me and my friends all have 520 and the battery lasts maybe 10 hours.

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Best phone: Unlocked yellow Lumia 1020
Worst: Mytouch 4g I would have to say was my worst phone ever. A more recent worst phone would have to be..hmm probably my Lumia 900 not for any other reason then the sheer amount of bad luck with defective models.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Best would be my current 822 with an HTC Evo and a Blackberry Tour being close. My worst was a Droid Pro mostly because it was just a crap phone and Verizon abandoned it.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Hard to pin down best, but worst by far would be the Droid Incredibles/DInc2's we got for a period in our work plan. I honestly think every single one (of 20 or so) we got failed prematurely; battery, screen, case integrity, you name it. Just lousy phones from the depths of HTC's darkest period.

triforcemike

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Any windows phone because Android and iPhone usually the hardware and software age over time but WP seems to stay the same if not get better over long periods of time (my opinion)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb