Cortana got the age of the Earth wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
A age of 6,000 years was calculated by people who counted up all of the begatting in the Bible - the actual date was October 23, 4004BC.

Homo Sapiens first appeared about 195,000 years ago.

Earliest farming is around 12,000 years ago
Earliest sheep flocks around 11,000 years ago
Wild cereals around 11,000
Domestication of wolf to dog is around 10,000 years ago

This is where you get that other creationist number from of 10 to 14,000 years ago.

I've seen artifacts from 40,000 years ago. That was amazing.

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
News flash: No one who is alive now was around 195k years ago. Science can't know how old the Earth is or how long we have been here. Scientist can claim any BS they want but they'll never have proof.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
News flash: No one who is alive now was around 195k years ago. Science can't know how old the Earth is or how long we have been here. Scientist can claim any BS they want but they'll never have proof.

Just because you want to be ignorant of science doesn't mean everyone else is. Try learning something, that grey matter you have between your ears is a wonderful thing if you plan to use it.

As for you 'no one was around' nonsense. That's an old canard that all creationsist use. Going by your statement, no murder should ever be convicted.

Come back when you actually have a better argument.

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Prove the earth is 4.5 billion years old and while you're at it prove how it came to be. I don't want your theories. I want undeniable proof. Ready, set, go....
sent using tapatalk app

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Prove the earth is 4.5 billion years old and while you're at it prove how it came to be. I don't want your theories. I want undeniable proof. Ready, set, go....
sent using tapatalk app

Do you even know what a scientific theory is? I would guess not. Do you know what radiometric dating is? I'm guessing it's no. So why don't you find that out first then come back ask those questions again. I don't have the desire or time to talk to some of your level of ignorance.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't have an argument. I have the reality that you can no more prove your beliefs than I can. The difference between you and I is that I understand that.

I don't have 'beliefs' I have evidence backing me and 1000s of scientist, experiments, studies and theories. What do you have? A book written by sheep hearders. Yeah I can see the similarity.

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
How do you go about testing lead dating for accuracy going back 4.5 billion years, exactly??
This figure was determined by C. C. Patterson. When he used the technique of uranium-dating to determine lead, he always got widely varying results. That was because there was a lot of lead pollution. With trial and error, he at last built an ultra-clean lab and determined lead in a meteorite with great accuracy. He calculated the time it needed to form that amount of lead and came to this figure of 4.5 billion years.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Um guys. phlamethrowre is doing as his name suggests, flame-baiting the thread. Best to ignore it and move on with the thread, or let it die.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
sent using tapatalk app
Where is undeniable proof that the Earth is 6000 years old and not a day older since 4.54 billion is much older than 6000 years?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Trolls irritate me. Ignorant ones even more so...

Walking away doesn't mean that you lose the argument (even a pointless one like this), it just means you have better things to do with your day.. :D

A decent argument requires opponents to each supply a premise, and reasoning to support their intended conclusion. Our friend here isn't supplying any part of that argumentative contract, therefore the discussion falls apart.

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Please stop using the word 'prove'. I have never heard anything in science that could be proven, unlike maths. Theories are there for a reason...

OFF TOPIC ALERT 😒

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Walking away doesn't mean that you lose the argument (even a pointless one like this), it just means you have better things to do with your day.. :D

A decent argument requires opponents to each supply a premise, and reasoning to support their intended conclusion. Our friend here isn't supplying any part of that argumentative contract, therefore the discussion falls apart.

I wasn't trying to win the argument. There was no argument. Just conjecture on their part. Bold statements of 'prove it to me'. That's not an argument.

I was hoping to get them to go investigate some things. I know it's sometimes futile but doesn't hurt to try.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I absolutely get you, but he really has no concrete belief in his contrived creationism. If there was an attempt at discussion and learning, I would have been all over it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo