11-02-2014 04:55 PM
247 ... 45678 ...
tools
    The Mist. I didn't like how it turned out in the end...

The end was what made this movie worth watching. But I agree, it didn't made it comfortable to like it. 😊
    hs k and matty032 like this.
    09-01-2014 06:19 AM
    Netflix has so many good bad movies. Most of them are horrible knock offs of mainstream movies:

Atlantic Rim (wannabe Pacific Rim)
    Da Vinci Treasure (wannabe Da Vinci Code)
    Aliens vs Hunters (wannabe Aliens vs Predator)

My personal favorite: Eyeborgs (not too sure what its a knock off of...I think it just sucks)

I think all these movies have a $10 filming budget...combined.
    09-01-2014 02:47 PM
    Birdemic. Watch it. It's so bad that it's good. But then it's actually just really bad.
    09-02-2014 10:19 AM
    Howard The Duck. Another waste of brain cells.
    Guytronic likes this.
    09-05-2014 09:43 AM
    That would be "The Hunger Games". Sorry folks, I know it's quite popular but I didn't like it at all.

EDIT: Lol, already nominated in this thread :D
    Usama Jawad96 likes this.
    09-05-2014 10:19 AM
    That would be "The Hunger Games". Sorry folks, I know it's quite popular but I didn't like it at all.

EDIT: Lol, already nominated in this thread :D
    By me :D
    Great minds must think alike :p
    anon(8985111) likes this.
    09-05-2014 11:06 AM
    Indeed. Don't know many people that have more style than Michael Caine. Those Batman movies are absolutely awesome.

“Will you be wanting the Bat Pod sir?”

“In the middle of the day, Alfred? Not very subtle.”

“The Lamborghini then…"

:D
    09-05-2014 11:17 AM
    The Mist. I didn't like how it turned out in the end...
    It has one of the best and sickest endings around, imho. Even Stephen King said so.
    Laura Knotek, mjrtoo and matty032 like this.
    09-06-2014 02:40 PM
    Need for Speed (2014). This movie makes absolutely no sense.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-06-2014 02:52 PM
    It has one of the best and sickest endings around, imho. Even Stephen King said so.
    Wait,wait,wait...... :o

Sorry for off-topic-ness but I have to know please.
    Is this "The Mist" by Stephen King in which the mist slowly comes and like gobbles everybody up according to the short story Stephen King wrote in "Skeleton Crew"? :o
    And if yes,is it worth watching?

Please do tell me,if this is the same one,I do intend on watching it,huge fan of Stephen King's novels but admittedly,I haven't watched any of his movies,not even "The Shining"

Please do let me know and once again sorry for off-topicness!Just to eager to know and I don't think making a separate thread about it would be the most feasible option :p
    09-06-2014 03:25 PM
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0884328/

Yes, I think it's worth watching if you are into horror movies.
    Usama Jawad96 likes this.
    09-06-2014 04:11 PM
    In terms of box office flops I really do think Ishtar really sucked...even more than Waterworld
    09-06-2014 06:07 PM
    POSSIBLE NOAH SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!

I just watched Noah. What a terrible movie, there's so much wrong with it. This flick is packed with Christian "morality", in this movie presented as pure insanity. Noah is a psychopathic killer, the bad guy is more reasonable than this crazed lunatic. Actually, all of the characters in this movie are crazy, the son that wants to kill his father because a girl died he knew like 10 minutes (mostly because he was overly horny); the weak female characters that accept everything that comes to them, with at most speaking up slightly; Noah that wants to kill his grand children just... because* (and the female characters doing nothing about it), his oldest son who wants to protect these children, but can't because he's amazingly incompetent... damn, who the hell wrote this?

And it wasn't even that bad in the beginning, the movie is beautifully shot, I thought that it might be not too bad. Then they encounter some kind of trolls and an old wizard (yeah, there's magic in this movie), and from there it goes downhill. The animals are poorly animated (and excluded from the movie later anyway, probably due to cost), the story doesn't make much sense, the motivations of the characters are inexplicable. When Noah tells genesis, I was first surprised, they actually showed it in a very scientific way including evolution... until the point the humans appear magically, I guess somebody got nervous in the end.

The movie kills off thousands of innocent people whose only fault was doing the same thing all the actors in this flick are doing everyday. Eating meat, taking more resources than earth can provide in the long term. That's it.

Also, this movie is the greatest tale of incest ever.

...at least the movie promotes living vegan, what I find pretty funny (that the movie does it, not living vegan).

*We don't have do discuss this. I do understand very well what the movie was doing there. I just don't like it, nothing legitimates child murder.
    It's a price of trash that isn't even close to what the story of Noah actually is.
    09-06-2014 06:10 PM
    It's a price of trash that isn't even close to what the story of Noah actually is.

Unless you were there how do you know? Just about every culture has a story about the great flood in its history. Let's not go there.
    09-06-2014 06:14 PM
    I'd say 'Cave of Forgotten Dreams' and 'Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy' are right up with with acclaimed movies that suck balls.
    09-06-2014 06:17 PM
    Unless you were there how do you know? Just about every culture has a story about the great flood in its history. Let's not go there.
    I think you're mistaken what I meant with that post. It's a disgrace to Christians everywhere, making folly of the bible.
    09-07-2014 12:39 AM
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail. That whole movie was a big wtf for me. Considering the fact that I loved life of Brian
    09-07-2014 01:05 AM
    Oh, good thread.

I'll never get what is so good about Oceans 11. When I finally tried to see it, I found it soooo boring I gave up after 30 minutes.

And - I might make myself unpopular in here - anything from Mr. Tarantino unless he made a movie where nobody dies. It's like brutality not taken seriously and I will never understand what's so fun about that.

Some direct-to-SyFy movies, but some of those are so bad that they are fun. I remember one where glaciers spread all over the world, traveling several hundred kilometers per hour.

Dr. T and the woman. I love a nice, lighthearted chick flick (as a woman, I'm entitled to this), but I actually left the cinema. And I don't do that often as cinema tickets are very expensive where I live.

Oh - and I must be the only person that didn't like Avatar. Well done, but the badly portrayed protagonists and the so-so story killed it for me, and my high expectations didn't help.

I liked some of the movies that some of you hated, though. Harry Potter, the Hobbit, some chick flicks. Guess it's a matter of taste.
    09-07-2014 01:24 AM
    @luminatic, I have to agree with you on the entire Oceans series.

Avatar, was essentially a whole movie made outta plot hole.
    Luminatic likes this.
    09-07-2014 01:34 AM
    I totally agree with you on Avatar. It looks like they spent 5 years on sfx, and then noticed they were missing a plot, so just did a futuristic Pocahontas. Plus, it's kind of cheesy, and everyone was expecting too much.
    And I have to add Narnia 3. The first 2 weren't that bad, but the last one combined so many cliches, and the sfx were so bad, that what could have been a good film quickly became cringy to watch.
    Luminatic and hs k like this.
    09-07-2014 01:39 AM
    Let me add the last 2 Pirates of the Caribbean to this list, especially the 3rd one. Pure unadulterated money grab.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5
    Luminatic likes this.
    09-07-2014 06:53 AM
    The Last Airbender. A fan of the show but horrible movie
    MSFTisMIA and myfyp2 like this.
    09-07-2014 07:03 AM
    Gone with the Wind, AKA 4 hours of my life I'll never get back.
    Luminatic likes this.
    09-07-2014 07:04 AM
    Does my wedding video to my ex wife count?
    09-07-2014 07:04 AM
    How could I forget gone with the wind. The horror. I wanted to kill the main protagonists at the end, they got on my nerves so much.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    09-07-2014 07:18 AM
247 ... 45678 ...