11-02-2014 04:55 PM
247 123 ...
tools
    So...in highlight of Hollywood's recent clunkers in the Box Office this summer, I'm curious to know from the WPCentral community what was the worst movie people have ever seen?

My top clunker was The Haunting (1999). That's the only bad movie I've seen Liam Nelson act in. Catherine Zeta Jones and Owen Wilson were equally inept. Lili Taylor was OK. This was an atrocious remake of a good 1963 movie by the same name. What made me cringe about this film was that there was ONE tremendously obvious death in the film, and I wept the whole time because my friend paid for us to go to the movies to see it....

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra
    Chregu likes this.
    07-30-2014 07:26 AM
    POSSIBLE NOAH SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!

I just watched Noah. What a terrible movie, there's so much wrong with it. This flick is packed with Christian "morality", in this movie presented as pure insanity. Noah is a psychopathic killer, the bad guy is more reasonable than this crazed lunatic. Actually, all of the characters in this movie are crazy, the son that wants to kill his father because a girl died he knew like 10 minutes (mostly because he was overly horny); the weak female characters that accept everything that comes to them, with at most speaking up slightly; Noah that wants to kill his grand children just... because* (and the female characters doing nothing about it), his oldest son who wants to protect these children, but can't because he's amazingly incompetent... damn, who the hell wrote this?

And it wasn't even that bad in the beginning, the movie is beautifully shot, I thought that it might be not too bad. Then they encounter some kind of trolls and an old wizard (yeah, there's magic in this movie), and from there it goes downhill. The animals are poorly animated (and excluded from the movie later anyway, probably due to cost), the story doesn't make much sense, the motivations of the characters are inexplicable. When Noah tells genesis, I was first surprised, they actually showed it in a very scientific way including evolution... until the point the humans appear magically, I guess somebody got nervous in the end.

The movie kills off thousands of innocent people whose only fault was doing the same thing all the actors in this flick are doing everyday. Eating meat, taking more resources than earth can provide in the long term. That's it.

Also, this movie is the greatest tale of incest ever.

...at least the movie promotes living vegan, what I find pretty funny (that the movie does it, not living vegan).

*We don't have do discuss this. I do understand very well what the movie was doing there. I just don't like it, nothing legitimates child murder.
    07-30-2014 08:00 AM
    POSSIBLE NOAH SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!

I just watched Noah. What a terrible movie, there's so much wrong with it. This flick is packed with Christian "morality", in this movie presented as pure insanity. Noah is a psychopathic killer, the bad guy is more reasonable than this crazed lunatic. Actually, all of the characters in this movie are crazy, the son that wants to kill his father because a girl died he knew like 10 minutes (mostly because he was overly horny); the weak female characters that accept everything that comes to them, with at most speaking up slightly; Noah that wants to kill his grand children just... because* (and the female characters doing nothing about it), his oldest son who wants to protect these children, but can't because he's amazingly incompetent... damn, who the hell wrote this?

And it wasn't even that bad in the beginning, the movie is beautifully shot, I thought that it might be not too bad. Then they encounter some kind of trolls and an old wizard (yeah, there's magic in this movie), and from there it goes downhill. The animals are poorly animated (and excluded from the movie later anyway, probably due to cost), the story doesn't make much sense, the motivations of the characters are inexplicable. When Noah tells genesis, I was first surprised, they actually showed it in a very scientific way including evolution... until the point the humans appear magically, I guess somebody got nervous in the end.

The movie kills off thousands of innocent people whose only fault was doing the same thing all the actors in this flick are doing everyday. Eating meat, taking more resources than earth can provide in the long term. That's it.

Also, this movie is the greatest tale of incest ever.

...at least the movie promotes living vegan, what I find pretty funny (that the movie does it, not living vegan).

*We don't have do discuss this. I do understand very well what the movie was doing there. I just don't like it, nothing legitimates child murder.
    The other half really wants to see this movie. I have been dreading watching it since I am not a religious person. Anyway, your synopsis of this movie actually will make me smile now when I have to sit through it. Thank you.
    Chregu, MSFTisMIA and N_LaRUE like this.
    07-30-2014 12:04 PM
    The worst movie I have ever seen has got to be Dracula 3000. Dracula 2000 was a great movie which is why I wanted to watch 3000 which ended up being Dracula in space with Coolio, and some guy name Van Helsing, oh and don't forget the sex bot woman. It was so bad.

EDIT:
    Youtube video of the last 3 minutes of this movie. You will get the idea.
    Last edited by Paul May; 07-30-2014 at 12:24 PM.
    Chregu and MSFTisMIA like this.
    07-30-2014 12:06 PM
    For me it was District 9. Talk about wasted potential. I'd gouge my eyes out before I'd watch that **** fest again!
    snowmutt likes this.
    08-02-2014 02:28 AM
    The worst movie I have ever seen has got to be Dracula 3000. Dracula 2000 was a great movie which is why I wanted to watch 3000 which ended up being Dracula in space with Coolio, and some guy name Van Helsing, oh and don't forget the sex bot woman. It was so bad.

EDIT:
    Youtube video of the last 3 minutes of this movie. You will get the idea.
    WOW! That was bad, lol!
    Paul May and snowmutt like this.
    08-02-2014 02:28 AM
    Wrong turn(full series)!
    08-02-2014 02:29 AM
    Waterworld was the worst one I've ever seen, and I didn't even watch all of it. It was part of a double feature at the drive-in. I went to sleep after about 20 minutes into it. That's the only time I've ever fallen asleep while watching a movie at a cinema/drive-in.
    MSFTisMIA, snowmutt and jmshub like this.
    08-02-2014 02:32 AM
    Waterworld was the worst one I've ever seen, and I didn't even watch all of it. It was part of a double feature at the drive-in. I went to sleep after about 20 minutes into it. That's the only time I've ever fallen asleep while watching a movie at a cinema/drive-in.
    u r ryt!movie has nothing to offer for the ppl who live in land
    08-02-2014 03:11 AM
    I forgot about this one. It was the first big money expensive flop I can remember. Indeed, this was atrcious...

08-02-2014 06:31 AM
    Valhalla Rising, hands down. It was 1 hours of waiting something to happen.
    08-02-2014 06:45 AM
    I forgot about this one. It was the first big money expensive flop I can remember. Indeed, this was atrcious...

The previous big money flop was "Heaven's Gate". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven%27s_Gate_(film)
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-02-2014 04:15 PM
    My friends and I used to get together to watch the terrible straight to TV movies that were always on SyFy. It was always such a good laugh. Anyway, my favourites (i.e. the worst) were Mongolian Death Worm, Dinocroc and Sharknado. Seriously, everyone needs to see these films!
    08-04-2014 05:35 PM
    My friends and I used to get together to watch the terrible straight to TV movies that were always on SyFy. It was always such a good laugh. Anyway, my favourites (i.e. the worst) were Mongolian Death Worm, Dinocroc and Sharknado. Seriously, everyone needs to see these films!
    Oh man, Mongolian Death Worm! You're right, that one was so awful it was fun! I haven't seen the other two, but I might have to, lol!
    08-04-2014 05:42 PM
    Sharknado has a part 2. That alone is horrid.

Voice Commands Submitted via Moto X
    08-04-2014 08:33 PM
    Geez..... Am I the ONLY sap who remembers the really horrid movies from the 70's and 80's, or just the only one moronic enough to have sat through them?

"Kingdom of the Spiders".... William Shatner at his worse. Or best, if his worst is a great thing.

"The Swarm".... Yep, killer bees. Nope... not a good movie.

"Staying Alive"... Please data dump this from my brain. Please...

More recent...

"Cyborg" ... Jean Claude-Van Damme's worst ever. That is saying a ton.

"Battlefield Earth"... How could this not been mentioned yet?

"Master of Disguise" ..My stinking kids made me sit through this. Killed Dana Carvey's career.

But... my all time worst movie....

"Howard the Duck"........ Why??? HOW?? This was APPROVED by someone, somewhere, somehow....
    08-07-2014 02:00 PM
    The other half really wants to see this movie. I have been dreading watching it since I am not a religious person. Anyway, your synopsis of this movie actually will make me smile now when I have to sit through it. Thank you.
    I am a Believer and trust me.... This thing can unite us all in it's inept, silly, inaccurate, and heavy handed morality adding up to just a bad, unlikable movie. I posted what I thought of it in this thread:
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/off...ew-thread.html

Nothing has changed my mind. Just a crap flick that missed a grand chance with a great cast.
    Laura Knotek and mjrtoo like this.
    08-07-2014 02:04 PM
    There are few movies that have made me physically ill and sadly, my beautiful wife has been responsible for dispensing all these Ex-Lax, milk of magnesia and cod liver oil cocktails. In no particular order:

Sense and Sensibility
    The Notebook
    Emma
    Never Say Never Again
    snowmutt likes this.
    08-07-2014 02:21 PM
    "Blues Brothers"
    08-07-2014 02:22 PM

"Howard the Duck"........ Why??? HOW?? This was APPROVED by someone, somewhere, somehow....
    Howard the duck was one of my all time favorite childhood movies, I suppose it wouldn't appeal to everyone and it was cheesy but I must disagree on being one of the worst movies. My kids even liked it.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    08-07-2014 02:58 PM
    Actually Noah was directed by an atheist guy, who changed some major things in the movie which wasn't present in the bible.
    Sent from my NeverAndroidAgain**1020** via Tapatalk
    08-07-2014 03:20 PM
    Geez..... Am I the ONLY sap who remembers the really horrid movies from the 70's and 80's, or just the only one moronic enough to have sat through them?

"Kingdom of the Spiders".... William Shatner at his worse. Or best, if his worst is a great thing.

"The Swarm".... Yep, killer bees. Nope... not a good movie.

"Staying Alive"... Please data dump this from my brain. Please...

More recent...

"Cyborg" ... Jean Claude-Van Damme's worst ever. That is saying a ton.

"Battlefield Earth"... How could this not been mentioned yet?

"Master of Disguise" ..My stinking kids made me sit through this. Killed Dana Carvey's career.

This is one impressively horrid list...

Post approved by Nexus 5
    snowmutt likes this.
    08-07-2014 07:47 PM
    Tammy
    08-07-2014 07:56 PM
    Tammy
    Aww I was looking forward to seeing that :(
    08-07-2014 08:11 PM
    Joe Versus the Volcano
    The newest Indiana Jones movie
    Fast and the Furious....any one of them