Myself lately...

Status
Not open for further replies.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
As some of you might know, Microsoft has been making many mistakes lately. It got to the point where I was about to leave all of Microsoft all together, except my Xbox. I wanted to leave WP and leave Windows. Now that I've vented out, and more calm, I think I can apologize. I was angry with what Microsoft was doing and how they had nothing against other OSes.

But since I'm better now, I think I can fully decide. First, I've decided I'm switching back to Mac. I had a Mac originally, then got the SP2 on launch. When my brother got the new 13" MBP with retina a month ago, I like it again. Now with Yosemite, Mac OS X I even prettier and better. Yesterday, I went to BOTH Microsoft and Apple stores, checked out the SP3 and 13" & 15" MBP retina versions, and I've decided I'm going to sell my EXCELLENT condition SP2 and get the MBP. And if I ever need windows, I can always use Boot Camp. On a PC, Hackintosh doesn't work very well, just saying.

Now for WP. I'm going to stay, IF Microsoft or another OEM releases a flagship high end device before the end of the year. If not, then I'm leaving WP too. I'm tired of WAITING AND WAITING. I want the HTC One M8 WP version, but I'm on AT&T. I hope they will release a version for ATT too, even if it is a few months after Verizon. Or maybe, the Android M8's can boot WP as well. :D

So, long story short, I think I found what's best for me.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
First, I've decided I'm switching back to Mac. I had a Mac originally, then got the SP2 on launch. When my brother got the new 13" MBP with retina a month ago, I like it again. Now with Yosemite, Mac OS X I even prettier and better. Yesterday, I went to BOTH Microsoft and Apple stores, checked out the SP3 and 13" & 15" MBP retina versions, and I've decided I'm going to sell my EXCELLENT condition SP2 and get the MBP. And if I ever need windows, I can always use Boot Camp.
<snip>
Now for WP. I'm going to stay, IF Microsoft or another OEM releases a flagship high end device before the end of the year. If not, then I'm leaving WP too.

Fair enough.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Sad to hear. I suppose I can understand it from WP standpoint, but I still fail to see what MacBooks have on Surfaces. Well, perhaps if you specifically need/want laptop rather than a hybrid.

I was just thinking today how nice it is to have every device in the same ecosystem. Be it MS, Google or Apple, but at least the same ecosystem, so I can understand switching all together more or less.

I'm personally just pondering between SP3 and SP2. SP3 would obviously be sweeter in almost every fashion except price and the color. It's a bit silly but the color is a big deal for me. I just dont want an aluminium colored Surface. I need mine in the dark titanium. I'm hoping that when the SP3 launches here and perhaps near christmas the SP2s will be cleared from the stock for cheaper and I could pick one up. I totally 100% love everything the Surface is, does and stands for as an ideology and I think for me it's the perfect formfactor in a mobile device bigger than a phone. That's why I'd want the "latest and greatest" but the color is holding me off. Well, so is the budget :D

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Sad to hear. I suppose I can understand it from WP standpoint, but I still fail to see what MacBooks have on Surfaces. Well, perhaps if you specifically need/want laptop rather than a hybrid.

I was just thinking today how nice it is to have every device in the same ecosystem. Be it MS, Google or Apple, but at least the same ecosystem, so I can understand switching all together more or less.

I'm personally just pondering between SP3 and SP2. SP3 would obviously be sweeter in almost every fashion except price and the color. It's a bit silly but the color is a big deal for me. I just dont want an aluminium colored Surface. I need mine in the dark titanium. I'm hoping that when the SP3 launches here and perhaps near christmas the SP2s will be cleared from the stock for cheaper and I could pick one up. I totally 100% love everything the Surface is, does and stands for as an ideology and I think for me it's the perfect formfactor in a mobile device bigger than a phone. That's why I'd want the "latest and greatest" but the color is holding me off. Well, so is the budget :D

Because Macs can run both Oses, so I'm not missing out, plus I need Mac OS, as I use a lot of Mac apps, like Final Cut Pro and XCode.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Can you also use the Mac as a touch enabled laptop and when need be take out or fold back the keyboard to make it into a tablet? :D

That said, I fail to see what good/better the actual OS offers either in comparison, outside preference I guess

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Can you also use the Mac as a touch enabled laptop and when need be take out or fold back the keyboard to make it into a tablet? :D

That said, I fail to see what good/better the actual OS offers either in comparison, outside preference I guess

For the time I've had the SP2, I haven't used it as a tablet. So I think I'll be fine.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
For the time I've had the SP2, I haven't used it as a tablet. So I think I'll be fine.

Just out of curiosity.... If you've never used the thing as a tablet, why did you buy it in the first place? I personally my SP3 as a tablet a decent amount. There are many high-quality Windows laptops that are arguably better laptops than the SP line.

If you really need Mac software, fair enough, you need it and should buy it. I personally do not and I would find the modern apps to be more cumbersome to use on a non-touch screen and would thus prefer the Surface hardware.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity.... If you've never used the thing as a tablet, why did you buy it in the first place? I personally my SP3 as a tablet a decent amount. There are many high-quality Windows laptops that are arguably better laptops than the SP line.

If you really need Mac software, fair enough, you need it and should buy it. I personally do not and I would find the modern apps to be more cumbersome to use on a non-touch screen and would thus prefer the Surface hardware.

I've actually used it a few times, but it was too weird to hold and use as a tablet.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I think the thing you will miss the most is the touch screen. I just got a SP3 and love it, bigger screen. I also own an iMac which is a great OS, but I hate how slow office and other apps run on it. If I put Windows on it, the computer would fly. But I find windows is much better with touch. Mac's done offer this.

Either way, I am not sure why you feel Microsoft is messing up, Windows 8.1 is a joy to use and it runs very well. I love the upgrade in size from the SP1 to the SP3. Its great to use.

I have gone the opposite and I have abandoned Windows Phone because of the apps. It is frustrating not be able to use the apps I needed for work. It actually put me behind on several projected verses my peers. I am currently using an IPhone 5s and SP3, they work great together and I love how Icloud syncs to Outlook 2013.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I think the thing you will miss the most is the touch screen. I just got a SP3 and love it, bigger screen. I also own an iMac which is a great OS, but I hate how slow office and other apps run on it. If I put Windows on it, the computer would fly. But I find windows is much better with touch. Mac's done offer this.

Either way, I am not sure why you feel Microsoft is messing up, Windows 8.1 is a joy to use and it runs very well. I love the upgrade in size from the SP1 to the SP3. Its great to use.

I have gone the opposite and I have abandoned Windows Phone because of the apps. It is frustrating not be able to use the apps I needed for work. It actually put me behind on several projected verses my peers. I am currently using an IPhone 5s and SP3, they work great together and I love how Icloud syncs to Outlook 2013.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

I actually went to Best Buy today, and AGAIN saw both the SP3 and the 13" MBP Retina, and a billion other PCs with touch, and I liked the MBP more.

And actually, if there is no WP for AT&T by September, or I can't get the M8 WP for AT&T (unlocked or locked), I'm leaving WP too, as I can't keep waiting for the next WP. If they make a 1030 or 935, I'll get it, but it has to come out soon. If not, I'm getting the iPhone 6 or Moto X+1 (64GB model).

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Aye, I feel that a lot of Nokia fans (such as myself) feel the same, about the waiting game.

One of the things that sucked about Symbian was how it turned out to be a waiting game. And, Maemo was a project that never really got off the ground.
The people who weren't burnt out by the "Burning Platforms" announcement then hoped that it wouldn't turn into a waiting game. Well, we all know what happened after that.

I'm stuck on Microsoft platforms for the next year or two, but where Nokia goes, I may follow. If they go Android, I'll retaliate by buying a Jolla, assuming they don't fold by then. Oh, and Windows on my PCs. Always.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
As an enthusiast, we tend to overthink these things a lot. I will continue to use Windows PCs for the immediate future. They serve my purposes better than any competing platform.

I really would like to see a new flagship Windows Phone in the US before the year is out, but again, the lure of new and shiny doesn't take away from the fact that my 920 is still serving my needs quite well.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
To not be in this boat I just recently upgraded to the 925, that way if at all it will be sour grapes for me some time next year. My trusty 810 will be a good backup, especially for international trips. I also use N7 as my tablet. I just cannot see myself going to iOS, something about it just turns me off and I do have an iPad running the latest version of iOS 7.

I also am getting a bit active over on a sister site (AC) and use the Moto X and N5. I am intrigued by the OnePlus One as well.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I mean, I have every eye of getting a burnt orange! 930. But I'm waiting for the price to drop into my wheelhouse. In the intern, I'll use my 925 to compliment my N5. The moto x is impressive but I may pass on it. I think contrary to my username MSFT has a solid base in 8.0, to 8.1, but they need to add more stuff during the GDR updates. GDR 1 looks to be a good start, but more is needed. I'll continue to use both WP and Android as iOS ain't my cup of tea.

Voice Commands Submitted via Moto X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss