Myself lately...

Status
Not open for further replies.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I mean, I have every eye of getting a burnt orange! 930. But I'm waiting for the price to drop into my wheelhouse. In the intern, I'll use my 925 to compliment my N5. The moto x is impressive but I may pass on it. I think contrary to my username MSFT has a solid base in 8.0, to 8.1, but they need to add more stuff during the GDR updates. GDR 1 looks to be a good start, but more is needed. I'll continue to use both WP and Android as iOS ain't my cup of tea.

Voice Commands Submitted via Moto X

I'm confused, you like the Moto X and have it and the N5, but you don't like it? Because your signature says you have the Moto X.

​I like Android L a lot, and thinking of getting the Moto X+1 if they have a 64GB model, as the rumors said base model is 32GB no microSD.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused, you like the Moto X and have it and the N5, but you don't like it? Because your signature says you have the Moto X.

​I like Android L a lot, and thinking of getting the Moto X+1 if they have a 64GB model, as the rumors said base model is 32GB no microSD.

I had a moto x (AT&T model i unlocked) for the past week. Used it for an extended test run yesterday. I enjoyed using it. If i wasnt in a position to get a great condition Nexus 5 without spending much cash, i would have bought a brand new moto x during the sale that ended on thursday. At the end of the day, the newer processor and better screen won out over the "glance"/active notifications and more ergonomically friendly moto X. I rooted and Xperia-fied my N5 today by adding Sony's Walkman app, keyboard and other OEM apps. So i basically am running a Sony style look on my N5, which i really like.

That was the true reason for getting a Nexus - the development options are better supported and you can more easily find ported over stuff. Some of is have to be creative when upgrading on a budget. I wanted to potentially get the X+1, but i am keeping my N5 and buying a 930 brand new instead - when the price comes down to my liking.

The N5 has at least another year (arguably two from a XDA perspective) of support so this will serve me well.

I've used so many phones over the year i am not liked into one OS. Whole i with Android and WP played nicer, i can still manipulate Android enough where if i use one as a daily driver, my drop off from WP from a personal UI usage perspective isn't as bad as says, going to iOS.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I had a moto x (AT&T model i unlocked) for the past week. Used it for an extended test run yesterday. I enjoyed using it. If i wasnt in a position to get a great condition Nexus 5 without spending much cash, i would have bought a brand new moto x during the sale that ended on thursday. At the end of the day, the newer processor and better screen won out over the "glance"/active notifications and more ergonomically friendly moto X. I rooted and Xperia-fied my N5 today by adding Sony's Walkman app, keyboard and other OEM apps. So i basically am running a Sony style look on my N5, which i really like.

That was the true reason for getting a Nexus - the development options are better supported and you can more easily find ported over stuff. Some of is have to be creative when upgrading on a budget. I wanted to potentially get the X+1, but i am keeping my N5 and buying a 930 brand new instead - when the price comes down to my liking.

The N5 has at least another year (arguably two from a XDA perspective) of support so this will serve me well.

I've used so many phones over the year i am not liked into one OS. Whole i with Android and WP played nicer, i can still manipulate Android enough where if i use one as a daily driver, my drop off from WP from a personal UI usage perspective isn't as bad as says, going to iOS.

Appreciate the feedback. :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Appreciate the feedback. :)

No problem. Using the moto x confirmed my thoughts...based on my needs, I'd go Sony and Motorola, then Nexus for my Android needs. HTC has the best OEM skin around, and Samsung is still a joke. No one in Android has a camera I'd use over Nokia at this point.

If I were still running my 810 only and were upgrading to 2 phones (and keeping only 2) right now, I'd buy a G3 and a 930. G3 is the best all around device out, even though the UI is still messy for my taste. Still, there are many choices and if one is willing to be creative, you can find good stuff. For me, my minimum requirements now are: S800 processor or better, 16GB + SD slot or 32GB internal storage or better, 2GB of RAM or better. In my stable, the Z Ultra, N5 and eventually the 930 meet that. I'll keep my 925 as a back up WP, as it is still the best looking model out there (8X a close second).

Post approved by Nexus 5

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Just sold my G2 which was rooted and running SlimKat with Google Now launcher and very close to the N5. But the camera is woeful. I agree that Android has a long way to go in terms of camera performance.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Just sold my G2 which was rooted and running SlimKat with Google Now launcher and very close to the N5. But the camera is woeful. I agree that Android has a long way to go in terms of camera performance.

Right now, i would guess that the best overall camera out there on Android is the G3. The S5 is great in the daylight and horrid at night. At this point Nokia and Apple are on top for comes with else afterwards - which is surprising since Moto and Sony can and have made good cameras in the past.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Since I think there won't be any new flagship WP for AT&T soon, I'll probably get the Moto X+1, and get the 1030 when it comes out many months later.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Since I think there won't be any new flagship WP for AT&T soon, I'll probably get the Moto X+1, and get the 1030 when it comes out many months later.

That is a good choice, if the rumors for the specs sheet for the Moto X+1 are accurate. Still, i think MSFT may release something decent in the fall. They have to, as they cannot afford to go a year plus without something new.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
That is a good choice, if the rumors for the specs sheet for the Moto X+1 are accurate. Still, i think MSFT may release something decent in the fall. They have to, as they cannot afford to go a year plus without something new.

That's what I think they should do, but it doesn't look like that's happening. :'(

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
That's what I think they should do, but it doesn't look like that's happening. :'(

They should, and probably will. It all depends though because there are these attempts of MSFT to find a balance. At this point, hanging tight may be the best thing for you.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I do love Microsoft nevertheless, I just hope to see a flagship phone on att, like the W8. I guess we'll see. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750