Does it Frustrate You?

ajl

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
For all of you that use Windows Phones, does it ever bother you the lack of app support? That other platforms are simply more recognized? Or that case manufacturers, really don't focus on making cases for WP? Has it ever driven you to thinking about switching over to Android or iOS, or have you already? Just wondering your thoughts :smile:

mylumia928

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't bother me. I like the platform for how well it integrates with my Windows devices and services. If I had a Mac, or heavily relied on Google's services (which are great, too), I'd probably lean towards IOS or Android.

Are you thinking of getting a WP?

CrossIsHere

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
App gap exists and it's a reality. But it doesn't frustrate me. It's not like that I don't want those apps. But most of the apps I need are available but may be I don't know some apps which are not available at WP and those apps can serve me very well.
BUT lack of apps can't make me to switch over IOS/Droid.

Last edited:

ajl

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't bother me. I like the platform for how well it integrates with my Windows devices and services. If I had a Mac, or heavily relied on Google's services (which are great, too), I'd probably lean towards IOS or Android.

Are you thinking of getting a WP?

I'm not really planning on getting one anytime soon. I recently got an iPhone 5S. But WP definitely interests me. I'll see how it develops as I ride out my contract.

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
It does bother me. There won't be more than 100 apps that anyone would really need on their phone and still some of them are either missing or with sub par features and quality. Sad part is most of them are popular services with millions and billions of dollars of businesses and still they can't assign resources to the development of WP ecosystem.
I'm not jumping ship though. I've found alternatives and learned to make best of what we have. I'm sure as time goes and our market share grows they will come crawling back to us.

MrClaret

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Nope it doesn't, I originally came to WP7 from ios just purely down to the boredom of the platform and its stale need to go in and out of apps to get any information. However I then moved to Android as WP7 simply never ever got new or decent apps. After three years and a tickbox of requirements for me to return i.e. action centre I returned to WP 8.1 and quite frankly I'm amazed at the improvements in both the O/s and the apps standard and speed there being developed. People always seem to obsess over the amount of apps and market share, tbh the live tiles wins it for me for me.

fdokos

Oct 21, 2011
www.greekberry.com
I bought my 920 as a second device, since I had an iPhone 5S as my daily driver. But after just two weeks, I switced around. Now the iPhone is my second device and I'm using the 920 as my daily driver!!! After the last update yesterday, it's even better. As far as the apps, I have everything I need and use that I also have on my iPhone. The camera is way better, I didn't have to pay for navigation, same battery life with bigger screen, better fotos, wireless charging, and all the basic stuff (whatsapp, viber, tapatalk, fb, instagram, etc).

If I had to make a choice between them I stick with my 920 any time of the day!!!
Sent from my Lumia 920

Miska Hietala

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
WP has all the apps I need. Tho I'm not the people who installs hundreds of apps to their phone. For me a smartphone is still a phone.
Sent from my NeverAndroidAgain**1020** via Tapatalk

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Nope, doesn't bother me. I'm not one that needs an app to remind me to change my underpants or an app that helps me work a doorknob. My smartphone is just that, a phone with a few apps (calendar, mail, SMS, etc).

Sent from my DX4860 using Tapatalk

portalfocus

May 11, 2013
Visit site
For all of you that use Windows Phones, does it ever bother you the lack of app support? That other platforms are simply more recognized? Or that case manufacturers, really don't focus on making cases for WP? Has it ever driven you to thinking about switching over to Android or iOS, or have you already? Just wondering your thoughts :smile:

No beside the kind if lack of local bank apps

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Nope, because I use both Android and WP. For me, each have strengths that offset the other's weaknesses. WP may become more feature rich eventually, but MSFT has tons of work to do until then.

Post approved by Nexus 5

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm happy with WP. It has pretty much all the apps I need. Here Drive and Maps are something I couldn't get along without.

stevemind

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
There will always be a gap of apps, plane and simple ios/droid have been around longer(even my granny knows this) how many apps do we need ?......honestly guys! Are they life changing? NO
I'm happy with what I have, but obviously a lot aren't.

Xavier2508

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I have all the apps that I need honestly, probably helps that my 620 is my first smartphone.

That being said, there are some apps that would be nice to have, such as a banking app and my carrier's wifi-calling app, just in case I might ever need it. I am however, very annoyed with those huge multinationals like Google and Facebook not bothering with apps for WP. Even with the small market share, there are still dozens of millions of us, so it would be a good investment for them to make decent WP apps. Not doing so is simply being childish IMO...

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I had a bit of frustration this weekend as I tried to check I for my southwest flight. There isn't an app and the new gdr has for some reason or another disabled my ability to use thier mobile website. That was my first time I got frustrated with the app gap.

Sent from my...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo