The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    As the question says... Personally I look after my 1520 with a leather look case with a magnet lock. (All under three pounds) and each night, I clean the whole phone and case before I go to bed so I can wake up to a clean smudge free 100% charged phone. Every now and then I charge it 100% before I sleep then turn the phone off. I believe that having it on 24/7 can't do the processor any good and may burn it out sooner then needed. After I cleaned my phone I use a soft brush to get the dust off esp in the earpiece and USB socket. And when I put it down on my table I make sure the table is clean and dust free. Nothing beats waking up to a clean as new phone fully charged. Anyone agree/disagree? Let us know your thoughts
    08-15-2014 01:04 PM
    Well I have a pouch for the phone, generally because it's said L820 screen crashes fast. But generally I don't care for phone as much as you. I open back plate sometimes to clean dust or of there and sometimes from earpiece. I only clean screen when it starts to bother me, once or twice a week generally.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk
    switch side method likes this.
    08-15-2014 01:11 PM
    Wow.. I can't go a day with out cleaning the screen. Sometimes up to 3-5 times a day
    08-15-2014 01:22 PM
    Wow, that's some dedication (or OCD :D)

I refuse to use any cases or screen protector, cos for me the phone's aesthetics are a very big deal. I currently have a 930. I really feel uncomfortable have anyone else touch/handle my phone, so most of the time it's either in my hand or pocket. I do make sure that I put it on clean surfaces when I do, but I rarely actually clean the phone. The screen "wipes itself" in my pocket that I rarely have smudges on it as I pull it out of my pocket, but sometimes when I feel like it I wipe the screen with a moist paper or something.

As I lay down my phone on a table or something, I do it very gently so that basically no sound comes from the phone landing.
    08-15-2014 01:39 PM
    Jeez people! I thought I was bad looking after my phones, never really had any major scratches or marks and careful where it goes but what I'm reading here is borderline obsessive.
    08-15-2014 01:47 PM
    I just like looking after the phone. I see so. Many people with scratches to their phone that's only a few months old. I would like to have a phone that looks brand new out of the factory. Always impresses people when they see it. Then they pull out their phone that looks like it served 10 years in a ******* fight.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-15-2014 01:50 PM
    I have 928 which I bought in July 7 2013. I don't have one scratch on it except the USB port (one barely noticeable scratch) I have even covered the black camera frame, whole thing) I do clean it but not every.

I had 710, I used for almost or full year. Also didnt have any scratch. But I somehow broke USB port, I gave it for repair and got it back like some construction guy used it. Scratches all over the phone. Got new 710 from him, still in good shape.

And I just got my case and screen protector for 925 :)
    08-15-2014 02:03 PM
    I keep things simple: screen protectors and slim cases...and I take mine out of the case at the end of the day. And i don't use any accessories from the box. It allows for great resale value, since I have a habit of changing phones a lot...

Posted Approved by Nexus 5
    08-22-2014 09:09 AM
    I keep it simple as well, but still do a wipe down every other day. I have a very slim grip case that comes with a belt clip, as slim as it can get (I hate phone belt clips that stick out too much) with a screen protector.
    Last edited by knuckles245; 08-22-2014 at 10:21 PM.
    08-22-2014 09:21 AM