08-28-2014 08:16 AM
65 123
tools
    Robbie's my homeboy! Anybody who now says they hate Vanilla Ice or Milli Vanilli is a LIAR!!! Y'all were groovin' back in the day. You know who you are.
    I dare you get down low and rock out to "Ice Ice Baby"...do it now
    Doo doo doo doaah doody...Doo doo doo doaah doody... Doo doo doo doaah doody...ding ding...

Another knucklhead song would be "Walking in L.A."
    08-16-2014 10:51 PM
    I am of the "Album" generation, I like to listen to an album, as put down by the artist.

However there is one track that I cannot leave on at any cost, and that is Revolution 9 by the Beatles on the "White Album".

I think this beats anything suggested so far.

Bob
    08-17-2014 01:06 AM
    While anything by Led Zeppelin is awesome, there is one song that is Cringe worthy and aptly named the Crunge (imo)
    Laura Knotek and snowmutt like this.
    08-17-2014 01:59 AM
    Anything by Adele
    snowmutt likes this.
    08-17-2014 02:04 AM
    While anything by Led Zeppelin is awesome, there is one song that is Cringe worthy and aptly named the Crunge (imo)
    Where's that confounded bridge?
    snowmutt likes this.
    08-17-2014 02:20 AM
    Where's that confounded bridge?
    The way Plant says that sounds hilariously Americanized, but something that ridiculous is something only Led Zeppelin could pull off and not suffer.
    But I do the James Brown reference.
    Laura Knotek and snowmutt like this.
    08-17-2014 05:33 AM
    I am of the "Album" generation, I like to listen to an album, as put down by the artist.

However there is one track that I cannot leave on at any cost, and that is Revolution 9 by the Beatles on the "White Album".

Bob
    Number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9.

See this song was Nancy Reagan's inspiration for "Just say no".
    08-17-2014 09:21 AM

Bob
    Ha ha... You aren't listening to it under the right mind-altering influences. :) Or so I've been told.
    Laura Knotek and Guytronic like this.
    08-17-2014 09:35 AM
    Ha ha... You aren't listening to it under the right mind-altering influences. :) Or so I've been told.
    Did anybody "tell" you that Led Zep 4, Dark Side of the Moon and Are You Experienced were meant to be heard under the same conditions?
    snowmutt likes this.
    08-17-2014 09:49 AM
    Did anybody "tell" you that Led Zep 4, Dark Side of the Moon and Are You Experienced were meant to be heard under the same conditions?
    Really? Damn. Does it mean that I gotta listen to it under drugs? That would suck, but if are kinda sleepy but not tired, they do you wonders. They make you dream well.
    snowmutt and topherparker like this.
    08-17-2014 10:34 AM
    Justin Bieber - Baby

Just look how many dislikes it has!!! :O That voice, that agony, ooh -_- Definitely most annoying song..

I believe his mother hates her own son.

And I don't like "Who let the dogs out"
    08-17-2014 11:15 AM
    I mentioned this thread to the Mrs. and without batting an eyelash she blurted Disco Duck (Rick Dees & his Cast of Idiots).
    08-17-2014 07:58 PM
    There are just some classics rolling in here...

Clue, you may have to do something mean to your wife for me (your choice, whatever will be easy to blame on the child). I hadn't thought about Disco Duck in 30 years. Now, that stinking tune and qwauk is rolling around my head. Just... not.... fair....

By the way, as we start kicking around the 70's which, in the immortal words of Bobcat Goldthwait is only the cultural low point of human history, "Don't let me down" by ELO was one of those songs as well. Just got in the old grey matter and would not go away. I didn't USE to hate, I just have to in order to protect myself...
    Laura Knotek, hs k and fatclue_98 like this.
    08-18-2014 12:26 AM
    Justin Bieber - Baby

Just look how many dislikes it has!!! :O That voice, that agony, ooh -_- Definitely most annoying song..

I believe his mother hates her own son.
    Maybe it is his own fault, but dang it I am starting to feel sorry for the kid as everyone piles on. Okay, so I would be fine shooting staples into my ears before I listen to his music, but really other then making more money then all of us on this site combined X2, the only thing he has done wrong is drive fast and single handily remind me I had to endure "The New Kids on the Block".
    08-18-2014 12:29 AM
    Sorry...... I am unable to function on any level anymore. 30 seconds of this, and I was drooling on myself and crying.

Just wrong you posted this to hurt us this bad, jasqid. What did we EVER do to you???
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-18-2014 12:35 AM
    Oh.. I just got to shout out for Stars On 45 (esp The Beatles medley)... really hated the genre... soul less and crass.
    08-18-2014 05:07 AM
    Listen to Taylor Swift or Selena Gomez singing LIVE and your ears will definitely bleed.

I am so used to listening to a relatively unknown band MuteMath who sing LIVE songs freaking awesomely that one can have an 'eargasm' ⌒.⌒
    topherparker and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-18-2014 05:20 AM
    I know she's been mentions before, but ill be more specific. Starships by Niki Minaj. Urgh... That woman is everything that is wrong with pop culture at the moment!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-18-2014 05:21 AM
    I know she's been mentions before, but ill be more specific. Starships by Niki Minaj. Urgh... That woman is everything that is wrong with pop culture at the moment!
    Atleast she ditched the "Jinx" ( from Pokmon) appearance. :D
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-18-2014 05:25 AM
    Atleast she ditched the "Jinx" ( from Pokmon) appearance. :D
    Don't remind me of her former appearance. Please.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-18-2014 05:46 AM
    (Oops, accidentally posted in the wrong thread.)

I don't like pop music in general. It doesn't fit my tastes.
    08-18-2014 05:51 AM
    Listen to Taylor Swift or Selena Gomez singing LIVE and your ears will definitely bleed.

I am so used to listening to a relatively unknown band MuteMath who sing LIVE songs freaking awesomely that one can have an 'eargasm' ⌒.⌒
    Is it any wonder the only acts touring are old fogeys who could actually sing and OH! Play musical instruments. Here's a snipet of what's playing soon in So Fla:

Toto
    Tom Petty
    Earth Wind & Fire (My all time faves)
    Michael McDonald
    Carlos Santana
    Eagles (maybe, squabbling over money)

Those are the ones I know of.

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums
    asna_n800 likes this.
    08-18-2014 07:38 AM
    Maybe it is his own fault, but dang it I am starting to feel sorry for the kid as everyone piles on. Okay, so I would be fine shooting staples into my ears before I listen to his music, but really other then making more money then all of us on this site combined X2, the only thing he has done wrong is drive fast and single handily remind me I had to endure "The New Kids on the Block".
    You had to mention NKOTB didn't you.

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-18-2014 07:40 AM

Happened to see them live in India. Such good music, terribly underappreciated (You Are Mine and Spotlight come to mind)
    asna_n800 likes this.
    08-18-2014 08:39 AM
    Since I have been in a new job since December, I share a cube with a coworker with a radio, and I'm on the phone enough that headphones is difficult. I now listen to radio for the first time in years and years. And it's an awful Adult Contemporary Hit station. That means that it plays this mix of terrible new pop music followed by terrible 80s pop music. So, my day consists of Katy Perry, followed by Hall & Oates followed by Ace of Base, for example.

But in all of the crummy pop music that I now deal with, there are a few songs that rise to the top of the songs that actually make me cringe. Whenever possible, I escape to the other side of the office for a few minutes when these songs come on:

Lorde - Royals

Despite 55 million Youtube views as of this posting, this song just grates at me.

Sam Smith - Stay With Me

This song is part of a recent trend of slow songs that are over-sung. This one was also way better 25 years ago when Tom Petty sung it with the original words "Won't Back Down" at about double this tempo.

John Legend - All of Me

Another song that is way too slow to showcase a singer that is over-singing the crap out of it. A product of singing competition shows, this is the state of modern pop music.
    08-18-2014 04:08 PM
65 123