Worst Song That Ever Assaulted Your Ears

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I've had a blast on the "Worst Movie" thread so this would be the logical next step. Please note that as the OP, I've taken the liberty to crown a winner so this thread's about the runner-up. My entry is "Feelings" by Morris Albert. I'm sure there is no disagreement so let's begin the battle for second place. BTW, "Feelings" wins because not only did it suck donkey d**k, we Latinos were subjected to it in Spanish as well. That alone is enough to carry it to victory.

One last thing. Please, no double entries. Bad songs have a way of sticking inside your head all day and I don't want to be responsible for mass suicides.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
If "Send in the clowns" had a Spanish version we'd have a contest. Argh!!!

No more wire hangers! EVER!!!

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
As a child of the Hard Rock Hair bands of the 80's and early 90's, it was only a matter of time before there was a song that just single handily destroyed the type of music as untalented hacks attempted to cash in. So sure, I could offer up a bunch of options for second place (mean old OP grabbing 1st place. The jerk.) But really, it all boils down to a song the needs to be repetitive, annoying, have a guy whining like he just got kicked in the lower regions as a lead singer, nonsense lyrics, and of course: Overplayed to this day. Only one song answers the bell to all this and helped bring the end to an entire music genre:

The Final Countdown by Europe.

I mean seriously- who lied to that guy and told him he could sing? Is there a more generic music riff then that programed crap on the keyboard? And how is this solid gold lyric not the most moronic thing to be recorded:
We're heading for Venus and still we stand tall
'Cause maybe they've seen us and welcome us all

What in the name of Shakespear weeps is THAT mess about???

Throw in to THIS VERY STINKING DAY sick, twisted DeeJays play this crap and you have the song that checks all the boxes. I feel it should be #1, but I didn't make the thread or the rules. All I am is right.

"We built this city" by Starship is a close third.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Wow. Some choices in here that I would not consider bad. Cheesy? Yes.

I have a hard time definitively labeling a song bad because ultimately, its a subjective thing. And I find songs I dislike in one context, I don't mind in another. If I had to pick a song I can't stand in general, it would have to be any Ke$ha song. Though I love dancing to her song "Til Tok" on Just Dance.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
"I'll Never Let You Go" by Steelheart.

Oh, and just about anything by Trixter, Tuff, and Jackyl. :)

Update: Feeling a bit nostalgic about my high school musical world, I just listened to "One in a Million" by Trixter. I had forgotten how catchy that song was. I might have to break out my old concert t-shirts and cigarette lighters. lol

Last edited:

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Joni Don't Cry (Conway Twitty).. now this is bad, real bad... and it reached #1 in the local charts back in the 70s.. The radio would play it to death. Street vendor selling pirated cassette tapes would assault all passersbys.... Then they'll be hit by a sucker punch that was Save Your Kisses For Me (Brotherhood of Man)...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Wow. Some choices in here that I would not consider bad. Cheesy? Yes.

I have a hard time definitively labeling a song bad because ultimately, its a subjective thing. And I find songs I dislike in one context, I don't mind in another. If I had to pick a song I can't stand in general, it would have to be any Ke$ha song. Though I love dancing to her song "Til Tok" on Just Dance.

The voice of reason has joined us. You're right, if you can dance to it then it ain't so bad.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
OK!!!! The mean old jerk OP will acquiesce on the readers' demands (Snowmutt). Let's break this down into either genres or eras. I grew up in the 70s and did my partying in the 80s so I'm biased. I also have a teenage daughter so I'm forced to listen to today's trash AND Reggaeton. I think we can all agree to put everything in the 90s into a giant Comiskey Park-style bonfire. Palandri might be the only one who gets this :winktongue:

Now, let's get back to the torture.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa