Worst Song That Ever Assaulted Your Ears

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Oh.. I just got to shout out for Stars On 45 (esp The Beatles medley)... really hated the genre... soul less and crass.

asna_n800

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Listen to Taylor Swift or Selena Gomez singing LIVE and your ears will definitely bleed.

I am so used to listening to a relatively unknown band MuteMath who sing LIVE songs freaking awesomely that one can have an 'eargasm' ⌒.⌒

vaultsurvivor

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I know she's been mentions before, but ill be more specific. Starships by Niki Minaj. Urgh... That woman is everything that is wrong with pop culture at the moment!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Listen to Taylor Swift or Selena Gomez singing LIVE and your ears will definitely bleed.

I am so used to listening to a relatively unknown band MuteMath who sing LIVE songs freaking awesomely that one can have an 'eargasm' ⌒.⌒

Is it any wonder the only acts touring are old fogeys who could actually sing and OH! Play musical instruments. Here's a snipet of what's playing soon in So Fla:

Toto
Tom Petty
Earth Wind & Fire (My all time faves)
Michael McDonald
Carlos Santana
Eagles (maybe, squabbling over money)

Those are the ones I know of.

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it is his own fault, but dang it I am starting to feel sorry for the kid as everyone piles on. Okay, so I would be fine shooting staples into my ears before I listen to his music, but really other then making more money then all of us on this site combined X2, the only thing he has done wrong is drive fast and single handily remind me I had to endure "The New Kids on the Block".

You had to mention NKOTB didn't you.

Madhav Mohan

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site

Happened to see them live in India. Such good music, terribly underappreciated (You Are Mine and Spotlight come to mind)

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Since I have been in a new job since December, I share a cube with a coworker with a radio, and I'm on the phone enough that headphones is difficult. I now listen to radio for the first time in years and years. And it's an awful Adult Contemporary Hit station. That means that it plays this mix of terrible new pop music followed by terrible 80s pop music. So, my day consists of Katy Perry, followed by Hall & Oates followed by Ace of Base, for example.

But in all of the crummy pop music that I now deal with, there are a few songs that rise to the top of the songs that actually make me cringe. Whenever possible, I escape to the other side of the office for a few minutes when these songs come on:

Lorde - Royals
Despite 55 million Youtube views as of this posting, this song just grates at me.

Sam Smith - Stay With Me
This song is part of a recent trend of slow songs that are over-sung. This one was also way better 25 years ago when Tom Petty sung it with the original words "Won't Back Down" at about double this tempo.

John Legend - All of Me
Another song that is way too slow to showcase a singer that is over-singing the crap out of it. A product of singing competition shows, this is the state of modern pop music.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Here's one I dislike, a lot... Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On.. because it was over played everywhere I went.... too saccharine, over sung, didn't like the movie either. ..... Well the sinking bits was good, though !!!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Here's one I dislike, a lot... Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On.. because it was over played everywhere I went.... too saccharine, over sung, didn't like the movie either. ..... Well the sinking bits was good, though !!!

Please, not while I'm trying to digest.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I think someone already mentioned Barbie Girl. Anybody remembers the laxative that Frank Zappa's kid Moon Unit hurled on us?

"Valley Girl"

Gag me with a spoon!!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Speaking of nausea-inducing works, how 'bout "General Hospital"? I remember it coming out around '82 or so but I can't for the life of me remember who was responsible. If I've caused any stomach aches by making you remember any of these Chinese tortures, I'm truly sorry.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of nausea-inducing works, how 'bout "General Hospital"? I remember it coming out around '82 or so but I can't for the life of me remember who was responsible. If I've caused any stomach aches by making you remember any of these Chinese tortures, I'm truly sorry.

I think you mean General Hospi-Tale, lol. As a fan of GH, I kind of find it amusing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss