Why didn't I ever learn this in geography class?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Dont be rude.. All teachers get blamed what ever they do. Teach well, then kids bored. Teach less Grownup are hurt..

What a wonderful world..
Huh? I have an economics teacher who is a fantastic teacher, and somehow gets everyone interested in the topics. Not only that, he somehow explains things really well.

Besides, we kick out teachers who don't teach. We actually hate those who don't teach (or do a **** poor job at doing so) for it.

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Now that you all mention it, I remember I haven't seen the Tv in almost a decade. Are Nat Geo, Discovery, Animal Planet and History Channel still rerunning their shows like they did few years back? Did they change the shows?
God they were so boring when you had to watch the same show every few days...

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
The lessons and textbook were terrible. I had the impression that India only is: cold in the mountains, and hot and humid everywhere else. :unhappy: I had no idea of the diverse climate, due to the geography.

Then again, I thought Seattle, Washington got lots of rain. I found out later, from a friend who lives there, that Seattle gets less rain than I do here in Cleveland, Ohio.

India, admittedly has one of the most diverse climates. You go towards the peninsular regions you can see the extensive climatic gradients.

Where I live, it has been raining like crazy for the past few weeks, come winter it regularly hits 0C and summers ~48C.

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Now that you all mention it, I remember I haven't seen the Tv in almost a decade. Are Nat Geo, Discovery, Animal Planet and History Channel still rerunning their shows like they did few years back? Did they change the shows?
Unfortunately, it's still the same.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I blame India's schools and teachers.
I have to agree here. Indian children in general have a bad schooling experience. The teachers are simply not up to the mark, and the education system(entrance exams) is sort of biased and has some glaring flaws in it. They should have a SAT like in the US.

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I have to agree here. Indian children in general have a bad schooling experience. The teachers are simply not up to the mark, and the education system(entrance exams) is sort of biased and has some glaring flaws in it. They should have a SAT like in the US.

More clearly speaking, Rank List is much more than PRIORITY QUEUE...

To add to Topic of this OFF TOPIC talk, there is a variety of geography available in India and so its really tough to have a single trip [one month] and enjoy all places because Season to visit each place is different!!!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I have no idea. I watch shows on Netflix, so it's whenever I want to watch a certain show.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
They still rerun some of their more iconic shows, but otherwise, a lot of new content has appeared in its stead.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Laura, a few fun facts:

India is the 7th largest country on Earth based on landmass and it is #2 in population. China is #3 in landmass and #1 in population.

The last time I looked at the list for landmass the top 5 were:
Russia, Canada, China, US, Brazil. India and Argentina are in the top 10, along with Australia and Greenland who both have weird classifications.

Kids in the US do poorly on math, English, Geography and History. I could add Science to that list too.

India is a fascinating place habitat wise. Still, the US ain't that shabby either.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos