What is your least favourite household chore and why?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I thought about starting this thread after completing my least favourite household chore.

I hate defrosting and cleaning the refrigerator. I live in an apartment that has an ancient refrigerator. This thing has to be older than I am, since its freezer is not self-defrosting. My parents bought a fridge in the early 70s (in the favourite 70s colour harvest gold :eck:). Even that fridge had a self-defrosting freezer. I'm stuck with this ancient thing that pretty much requires getting rid of everything, unplugging it, and waiting for the ice to melt, then finally cleaning it. Any other household chore is quick and easy, compared to defrosting and cleaning this ancient refrigerator.

How about you? What's your least favourite household chore and why?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Fridge\freezer defrosting would definitely be in the top 5!

Cleaning or scrubbing hardwood floors is my bane of housework...it's a big hassle even with a machine :(

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Fridge\freezer defrosting would definitely be in the top 5!

Cleaning or scrubbing hardwood floors is my bane of housework...it's a big hassle even with a machine :(
My parents hated doing the hardwood floor scrubbing and waxing. I remember they got carpeting in the bedrooms around the same time they bought the harvest gold appliances, since they couldn't stand the floor care either.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
My wife is a SAHM, so she does most of housework. (Go easy on me guys; I bring home 100% of the bacon!) I do help with housework, but I don't do half of it. My least favorite chore is vacuuming the floors.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
If outside or gardening stuff counts...
Raking and gathering up leaves just depresses me to no end (big 'ole frown)

Our yard is overplanted and the clean-up around here is fulltime torture!
I swear I'm going to buy a commercial gas engine powered vacuum to keep on top of it.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Emptying the dishwasher.
I'd rather clean the bathroom and tub or stab myself in the face with forks over that job. Lol

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
My wife is a SAHM, so she does most of housework. (Go easy on me guys; I bring home 100% of the bacon!) I do help with housework, but I don't do half of it. My least favorite chore is vacuuming the floors.

I'm single and don't have roommates, so I have to do all of it myself.

If outside or gardening stuff counts...
Raking and gathering up leaves just depresses me to no end (big 'ole frown)

Our yard is overplanted and the clean-up around here is fulltime torture!
I swear I'm going to buy a commercial gas engine powered vacuum to keep on top of it.

One of the reasons I never wanted a house is because I hate yard work. If I was going to own a residence, it would be a condo where somebody else did the yard work.

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
i've recently come to the conclusion that we already have a guy for the yard and now we are getting someone to clean the inside. i hate household chores, all of them. the one that tops the list for me would be cleaning the hardwood floors. they never stay clean for very long.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Probably cleaning the fridge is the pits for me. The other stuff I don't mind as much these days.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Hoovering..mainly because our hoover doesn't work properly and I end up going over the same spaces mulitple times to the point where it frustrates me and I stop :p

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
My least favorite chore is cleaning up cat hair. It's because you can never get it all and it goes everywhere! Laundry is a very close second. Lol

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Washing my clothes, have to wash them by hands, cause no Laundromats nearby and my hostel doesnt get us a washing machine

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
God... I am backwards.. I love cleaning as I find it relaxing and the smell of the hoover when its all done. Ok ok... I have a slight o.c.d problem...i even clean my phone 3-5 times a day....but...at least I got a fully charged clean phone to wake up to every morning lol. But when I worked in a nursery I hate HATE..cleaning glue and glitter..the worst combination ever..and when I worked in a residential home... It was tuna smudged into fabric from dinner..... And for a tip for you guys to defrost your fridge and freezer in quick time....use a hair dryer 😉

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
God... I am backwards.. I love cleaning as I find it relaxing and the smell of the hoover when its all done. Ok ok... I have a slight o.c.d problem...i even clean my phone 3-5 times a day....but...at least I got a fully charged clean phone to wake up to every morning lol. But when I worked in a nursery I hate HATE..cleaning glue and glitter..the worst combination ever..and when I worked in a residential home... It was tuna smudged into fabric from dinner..... And for a tip for you guys to defrost your fridge and freezer in quick time....use a hair dryer 
Please come over to my apartment and clean for me! :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb