Android L brings features windows phone already has!

Shobin Drogan

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
So i've been watching this
Top 10 Android L New Features! - YouTube
and what hit me is the huge amount of features that WP8.1 already has long before Android.
Before i go on, i have to say that this post is not about Android Hatin' and i'm not saying who copied who. I made this post to stress on the features that have existed on windows before another platform. Let's begin.

Feature number 1, remember how static android animations were in the past? They were very solid state and had very little transition animations, windows had transition animations on almost every single thing you do even on windows 7, leave alone 8/8.1.

2 notifications that show up on your lockscreen? No way! That has NEVER happened on windows phone, oh wait it does, and it shows up on the glance screen. Also im sure you know we can pull down the action center without blocking the whole screen by stopping at the top.

5 Power Saver mode aka battery saver, yes i do not need to say any more about this, windows phone currently has the battery saver app (and i'll take no arguments on this) it is easily the best battery app on any platform, mainly because you can see how much power each app takes and block that particular app if you want to. Also, how much battery time left on your windows phone, that's been happening since the day i bought my first windows phone. Google has only recently decided to introduced power saver to stock android.

6 Do not disturb aka quiet hours i know it exists earlier on android, but the difference here is that it is "letting you access it quickly and easily" and google is pushing this feature far more than they did before. You can access Quiet hours very easily in the action center and ALSO set times for how long you want Quiet hours to be on or off.

10 Android L Developer preview. Letting users adopt the OS long before the actual release. Yeah, i'll just leave it at that.

I sometimes get irritated when i watch some reviews and journalists (not the phonebuff guy) who don't acknowledge little features on windows phone that is later adopted by other operating systems, they then go on to say windows phone is the OS that still needs more features and it still isn't finished like the other two existing OS. Am i the only one who is bugged by that?

BTW number 7 is a feature which wp doesn't have but i do like this feature a lot and i wish MS will adopt this feature.

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
So i've been watching this
Top 10 Android L New Features! - YouTube
and what hit me is the huge amount of features that WP8.1 already has long before Android.
Before i go on, i have to say that this post is not about Android Hatin' and i'm not saying who copied who. I made this post to stress on the features that have existed on windows before another platform. Let's begin.

Feature number 1, remember how static android animations were in the past? They were very solid state and had very little transition animations, windows had transition animations on almost every single thing you do even on windows 7, leave alone 8/8.1.

2 notifications that show up on your lockscreen? No way! That has NEVER happened on windows phone, oh wait it does, and it shows up on the glance screen. Also im sure you know we can pull down the action center without blocking the whole screen by stopping at the top.

5 Power Saver mode aka battery saver, yes i do not need to say any more about this, windows phone currently has the battery saver app (and i'll take no arguments on this) it is easily the best battery app on any platform, mainly because you can see how much power each app takes and block that particular app if you want to. Also, how much battery time left on your windows phone, that's been happening since the day i bought my first windows phone. Google has only recently decided to introduced power saver to stock android.

6 Do not disturb aka quiet hours i know it exists earlier on android, but the difference here is that it is "letting you access it quickly and easily" and google is pushing this feature far more than they did before. You can access Quiet hours very easily in the action center and ALSO set times for how long you want Quiet hours to be on or off.

10 Android L Developer preview. Letting users adopt the OS long before the actual release. Yeah, i'll just leave it at that.

I sometimes get irritated when i watch some reviews and journalists (not the phonebuff guy) who don't acknowledge little features on windows phone that is later adopted by other operating systems, they then go on to say windows phone is the OS that still needs more features and it still isn't finished like the other two existing OS. Am i the only one who is bugged by that?

BTW number 7 is a feature which wp doesn't have but i do like this feature a lot and i wish MS will adopt this feature.
Hahaha, also take a look at IOS 8, I don't even want to talk about that, well MS should also improve on one thing, being able to interact with notifications any were on the screen apart from the main app sending the notification, that would be greatly appreciated

Shobin Drogan

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I do agree there are so many features taken straight from windows phone. This is annoying and irritating to be frank.
I'm fine with manufacturers taking ideas and using it to improve the overall smartphone experience, but what i hate is how much crap windows phone got when they introduced the action center and how everyone moaned over windows phone for copying android. But it never ever happens the other way round. I never see anyone giving windows phone credit for the original idea.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss