02-05-2015 11:39 AM
217 ... 56789
tools
    ..... I said Green Bay in a nailbiter (half right) and the Pats in a walk with the game over by the third quarter.
    Still if you would have bet on Green Bay in Vegas, Seattle didn't cover the 7.5 point spread, so you would have won!
    Laura Knotek and snowmutt like this.
    01-18-2015 07:41 PM
    I didn't expect a rout by New England! I thought it would be a closer game.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk
    snowmutt and palandri like this.
    01-18-2015 09:05 PM
    I didn't expect a rout by New England! I thought it would be a closer game.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk
    No surprises there, really. The AFC championship game was BAL v NE last week.

Posted Approved by Nexus 7 (2013)
    01-18-2015 09:34 PM
    Well, the Superbowl has some interesting stories. Especially Sherman and Earl Thomas injury statuses. Added to that the fawning over Brady and Bellicheck, Lynch's ducking the media, etc.

01-18-2015 09:38 PM
    Should be a great Superbowl. As a homer, I'm rooting for the Pats. But I am not gonna make any predictions. The NFC title game proves how unpredictable and crazy this game is. I'm just hoping for a competitive contest.
    01-18-2015 09:43 PM
    Should be a great Superbowl. As a homer, I'm rooting for the Pats. But I am not gonna make any predictions. The NFC title game proves how unpredictable and crazy this game is. I'm just hoping for a competitive contest.

I'm hoping the Super Bowl will be more like the NFC Championship game than like the AFC Championship game in terms of the score! Blowouts are boring.
    01-18-2015 09:50 PM
    I'm hoping the Super Bowl will be more like the NFC Championship game than like the AFC Championship game in terms of the score! Blowouts are boring.
    We will see. I hope it is competitive. As long as the Pats lose, I can be fine with whatever the score is.

01-18-2015 10:33 PM
    We will see. I hope it is competitive. As long as the Pats lose, I can be fine with whatever the score is.

I actually like the Patriots, mainly because I like that Belichick became successful after the Browns dumped him. I always hated Art Modell and think the Browns could've been good had Belichick stayed.
    snowmutt, palandri and etad putta like this.
    01-18-2015 10:48 PM
    Yeah, me too. I'd rather the Pats lose to NYG again, just because it would be funny a 3rd time, but they were never close this year, and don't look like they will be again any time soon.

Sorry, can't help it. I've always rooted for the underdog it seems.
    01-19-2015 01:31 PM
    ....... Sorry, can't help it. I've always rooted for the underdog it seems.
    Which is why we all own WP...

Laura Knotek, palandri and rhapdog like this.
    01-19-2015 04:58 PM
    Hard not to think this will be a good SuperBowl. People have been touting these two teams at least since mid-season as among the best 5 teams out there, even as the other three kept changing. Both staffs have a "been there, done that" feel about them. I could make a case that Russell Wilson is a better clutch QB than Tom Brady right now, although it is splitting hairs. I think position for position Seattle is actually more talented than New England except TE.

And now for todays official understatement: That guy with the wierd last name on the Patriots is a pretty good player at the TE position.

No, not the one in jail... the one still playing. (Too soon?)
    01-19-2015 05:02 PM
    No, not the one in jail... the one still playing. (Too soon?)
    The guy with the funny name almost went to the clink first. Remember the hooker parties with Dan Uggla?
    Laura Knotek and snowmutt like this.
    01-20-2015 05:33 PM
    11 of 12 Pats footballs were under inflated. CHEATERS!
    01-21-2015 09:01 AM
    11 of 12 Pats footballs were under inflated. CHEATERS!
    Yep... I was all up in arms ready to attack when I came across this gem about my Bucs SuperBowl victory:

Former Bucs QB reportedly admits modifying footballs ahead of Super Bowl victory | Fox News

Apparently, Brad Johnson paid a nice little sum of cash to have people "scuff" their footballs so he could grip them better. (He responded by throwing an interception on his first drive.)

Underinflated balls? Heck, that is just part of the game!!

*looks down at feet, hoping doesn't look too guilty*
    01-21-2015 11:47 AM
    ..Underinflated balls? Heck, that is just part of the game!!

*looks down at feet, hoping doesn't look too guilty*
    My biggest problem is I have a hard believing Tom Brady didn't know the footballs were under inflated.
    snowmutt and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-21-2015 12:06 PM
    My biggest problem is I have a hard believing Tom Brady didn't know the footballs were under inflated.
    Hear me now and believe me later, little girly man needs help gripping the ball.
    snowmutt, palandri and rhapdog like this.
    01-21-2015 12:23 PM
    Hear me now and believe me later, little girly man needs help gripping the ball.
    palandri likes this.
    01-21-2015 12:49 PM
    By the way... I am all in on the Seahawks. Easy to cheer for team (except their coach. ugh). Brady and Belichek are just to easy to cheer against.

Besides... The Seahawks beating Manning and Brady in back to back SuperBowls? That is just to juicy of a storyline.
    01-21-2015 12:52 PM
    Brady and the Pats are like "The U" in Arizona - zero wins and 2 losses. Both losses being for a championship. Well, one of Miami's losses was a mugging by the refs courtesy of a 10 minute late phantom pass interference penalty. Sorry Laura, I still despise Ohio State.
    01-21-2015 03:02 PM
    Just heard Belichick's presser. I think he threw Brady under the bus.
    Sent from my big *** Lumia 1520
    palandri likes this.
    01-22-2015 09:53 AM
    The Patriots are taking a lot of heat. Bill Belichick sounded like Sgt Schultz from Hogan's Heroes this morning. They also have a taped interview of Tom Brady saying he likes deflated footballs from 2011.
    Attached Thumbnails cheaties.jpg  
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-22-2015 10:10 AM
    Bill Belichick sounded like Sgt Schultz from Hogan's Heroes this morning.
    I know noooothing!
    01-22-2015 12:47 PM
    In case you missed the Tom Brady interview:
    Attached Thumbnails tombrady.jpg  
    01-22-2015 09:25 PM
    Found this floating around on Twitter:
    Attached Thumbnails patslogo2.jpg  
    01-23-2015 09:53 AM
    Honestly, the stuff with the Pats is overblown. We all know that there is a fine line between seeking an edge and cheating - Pats blur that line all the time. With all the success Brady has had, they remind me of the Braves of the 90s. Should they have won more? Yes...but it evens out in the end.

If on super Sunday they get their doors blown off by Seattle, this is all moot (and I expect Seattle to drub them anyways).

palandri and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-23-2015 10:05 AM
217 ... 56789