Official 2014 NFL Thread

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Okay... that made me laugh.

How many Head Coaches have the Browns had lately? Have they given anyone longer then 2 years of the past 4 or 5 coaches?

At least your off seasons are interesting.

ROFL

I don't even remember the names of all the coaches, that's how quickly they're replaced.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Okay, now that the thread is started, I want to give everyone fair warning:

Tampa Bay Fan Boy is kicking off tomorrow. There will be no reasoning with me.

Mentioned that Lovie Smith is the single greatest coach ever? Our cheerleaders are too cute for TV? The Hall Of Fame has about 7 ballots already approved for Bucs not even drafted yet? The Lombardi trophy already has Tampa etched on it for the Champions, only the losing team and final score is pending? And they are gonna rename it for John Gruden?

Oh yes..... open minded mutt has left the building.

I will agree that the Bucs do have some very hot cheerleaders. Everything else is completely subjective and open for debate. Seriously though, I think Movie will do just fine in TB. That NFC South has seen everyone win the division, so it is very competitive. Always thought they were a QB away from challenging the Saints more consistently, so we will see if McCown can do the job.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Also, I would be as excited as everyone else that the 49ers beat the Cowboys if it wasn't for the simple fact that it was the Cowboys the 49ers beat.

Back in the 90s, that would have been a headline. Not sure why it is in 2014.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Also, I would be as excited as everyone else that the 49ers beat the Cowboys if it wasn't for the simple fact that it was the Cowboys the 49ers beat.

Back in the 90s, that would have been a headline. Not sure why it is in 2014.

I think a lot of the old rivalries are still popular with the fans of the teams involved.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I think Jerry should remain the Cowboys to the Dallas .500s...cuz all they do is play .500 ball anyways.

On a slightly more serious note, week 1 was terrible for me in the office pool. Some dude picked 15 games right. I got half that. Very impressed by the half of football the Jags played...they do that for 4 quarters, they'll beat some people. Actually, I have them knocking off Washington this week.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Baltimore looked good tonight, especially on defense.

That's cool Ngata has intercepted Rothlisberger twice. That's not common for defensive linemen.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I know there are better teams with more at stake (Seattle VS. San Fran or New England VS. New York Jets come to mind) and other teams with longer history (Green Bay VS. Chicago and Washington VS. Dallas are examples), but for my money, I think Baltimore VS Pittsburgh is the best rivalry in the NFL.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Wow. New Orleans is 0-2. Arizona and the Bills are both 2-0. Indy collapsed. The Chargers slapped around Seattle. Carolina looks good, and so does... the Browns?? (Stop smiling so much, Laura!! :amaze:) Houston looks much improved, Atlanta no longer does. Robert Griffin may lose his starting QB spot even after he heels (Get it?? He hurt his foot?). Chicago blew a game in a game at home they should have won, then go on the road to come back and beat a team they shouldn't have come close to.

My Tampa Bay SuperBowl cheerleading is currently on hold.

It is only week 2.

Wow.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I'll give you a bigger surprise...posting a score of 6 and 5 in back to back weeks in the office pool and missing out on winning the largest pot so far. I feel Luke deactivating myself this week for such a horrid showing.

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Bell.gif

LankyLividIberianchiffchaff

c7cad_8c95816d-d523-40c7-b52d-d6620f0aec11.gif

BigBen2.gif

FUMBLE.gif

TD2.gif

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Still trying to recover from last weeks 65-14 "non-showing" from my Bucs. Got a bunch of friends together, we all rolled to our local Buffalo Wild Wings, had everyone onboard with cheering for my team..... and that is how they reward me. It was over at the coin flip, which Tampa lost as well. What an all-time stinker for me to endure.

Just... ugh.

So far, color me crazy, but Arizona has impressed me the most. Really nice start from them.

Psudotechzealot: That was a dominate Steelers win. Feel real good about that one.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
A disappointing showing from the Bears against the Packers. Probably the one game I actually want to see them do well in as well.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
By the way:

psudotechzealot- wanted to thank-you and the Steelers for throwing that game to the Bucs last week. I can rest easy and just enjoy their quest for the #1 overall pick next year, and you guys can go back to winning.

Loving this season so far. Just a bunch of crazy going on. How anyone can make money betting on the NFL is beyond me.

Oh... as a side note, Chicago IL got next years NFL Draft. I have already told about three of my friends they are coming, and they have no choice, do not even argue. It is here in the state we live in, it is the first time in a long while it is not in NYC, it looks like my Bucs will be picking fairly high, and it is my B-Day weekend.

Oh yes... this road trip will happen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234