Official 2014 NFL Thread

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Hey Laura,

Cleveland rocks! I like what the Browns are doing. Always liked their defense over the past few year - even though they've had 100 million head coaches. Not sure if they'll last but they should have a winning record this year. Hoyer will get a nice contract if he stays healthy.

Posted Approved 1+1 Style!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Bears defense has been bad for years. Offensively, they're good - when Cutler has his head screwed on right. You know who he reminds me off - Jeff George. Man had a HOF type arm, but couldn't put it together.

They need to blow that defense up completely.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Bears defense has been bad for years. Offensively, they're good - when Cutler has his head screwed on right. You know who he reminds me off - Jeff George. Man had a HOF type arm, but couldn't put it together.

They need to blow that defense up completely.

You're pretty spot on. Fans still wish the Bears wouldn't have traded Kyle Orton for Cutler.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
You're pretty spot on. Fans still wish the Bears wouldn't have traded Kyle Orton for Cutler.

I get the move but at the time when I saw it I was like: "if Mike Shannahan couldn't do the job, why do the Bears think they could?"

I just wasn't sold on the Bears this year. I picked Detroit over them by a country mile as the team to challenge GB in the north.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Well, my Clowns really laid an egg today! :unhappy:

I believe their issues have more to do with the lack of a running game than with who the QB happens to be. Cincinnati won 30-0, despite Dalton having a QB rating of ~53. The difference was Cincy was able to run the ball.

Everyone talks about supposed changes in the game, with more emphasis on passing. However, I still believe that if a team is able to run the ball (on offense) and stop the run (on defense), it has a chance to be successful.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Cutler so far tonight 9 of 18, 0 touchdowns, 3 interceptions.

Can't believe how far they have sunk. My uncle posted something about the bears not even able to run a fake punt having only 10 players. I mean talk about a complete lack of awareness.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Okay, rolling into week 17 and I was watching the ESPN bottom line ticker during a bowl game. After the game (Detroit VS. GB, for instance) they give the breakdown for each team to get in the play-offs or if they have already clinched them. If there is no implications, they just ignore them and move on. Until they get to my Bucs, where after the game they inform you "..can clinch overall #1 pick in 2015 draft with loss."

Almost fell off my chair laughing. That is MY team....

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Looks like a number of coaches have been fired or have left. Will be interesting to see who goes where. Just hope the Bears can at least get back on track after this abysmal season.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Looks like a number of coaches have been fired or have left. Will be interesting to see who goes where. Just hope the Bears can at least get back on track after this abysmal season.

Living here in Danville IL, every Bear fan I know already is penciling in Rex Ryan. Easy fan favorite at this stage.

I have to admit... that will at least be entertaining...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Living here in Danville IL, every Bear fan I know already is penciling in Rex Ryan. Easy fan favorite at this stage.

I have to admit... that will at least be entertaining...

Rex fits better in Atlanta. He's not going to leave a bad QB situation in NY to go to Chicago for another bad QB situation. While the weapons on offense are more in Chicago, the QB is better in Atlanta. Truth be told, both situations have serious personnel issues.

Posting 1+1 Style!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So my jags fired the OC for trying to force too much on the QB. I mean, there was a rookie QB, 3 starting rookie receivers and a very young O line. So guess having them play with the whole playbook in year one was the best way to speed up development, huh?

Our line was top 3 in sacks allowed. What did the OC expect?

Posting 1+1 Style!

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
So my jags fired the OC for trying to force too much on the QB. I mean, there was a rookie QB, 3 starting rookie receivers and a very young O line. So guess having them play with the whole playbook in year one was the best way to speed up development, huh?

Our line was top 3 in sacks allowed. What did the OC expect?

Posting 1+1 Style!

I think Bortles will be a very good quarterback after one more year of experience.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I think Bortles will be a very good quarterback after one more year of experience.

I like his game. I think we need another running back on offense, maybe a second TE and better depth on the O Line. Defensively we could use another corner and pass rusher. The GM needs to add more depth in the draft and just let the young guys play and gain experience.

Posting 1+1 Style!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett