Official 2014 NFL Thread

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So I didn't win anything in this year's pool. Here's my playoff bracket. I really, really wanted to pick DET but I made these picks before Suh won his appeal and so I have to stick to my guns.

I think in the draft both the Jags and Giants need an impact pass rusher.

Posting 1+1 Style!

Attachments

• 13864.jpg
    13864.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 6

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Picking Denver over New England? Gutsy call, MIA, Your gonna be hard-pressed to find anyone else who is not picking New England coming out of the AFC.

I think you could throw a dart and make picks this year. Pittsburgh to me is the best dark horse- so long as Bell is healthy, I like the way they play when hot. Also LOVE a motivated Detroit as another Dark Horse.

But a Seattle/New England makes the most sense if you are putting actual money on it. Going chalk this year with the 2 most complete- though not deep- teams on either side. But that is kinda boring.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Picking Denver over New England? Gutsy call, MIA, Your gonna be hard-pressed to find anyone else who is not picking New England coming out of the AFC.

I think you could throw a dart and make picks this year. Pittsburgh to me is the best dark horse- so long as Bell is healthy, I like the way they play when hot. Also LOVE a motivated Detroit as another Dark Horse.

But a Seattle/New England makes the most sense if you are putting actual money on it. Going chalk this year with the 2 most complete- though not deep- teams on either side. But that is kinda boring.

A motivated Detroit? Is there such a thing? They've been trying to do that since 2011, the last time the Lions made the playoffs (#6 again when they should have won the division, just like this year).

Dallas I could see beating Seattle. If AZ had Palmer under center, I could see them beating Seattle in the Division round. Carolina will push Seattle really hard in the Division round too. I don't trust Green Bay, and I actually trust New England less. Cannot trust PIT because Bell is injured and I think BAL can rally to knock them off.

Posting 1+1 Style!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
A motivated Detroit? Is there such a thing? They've been trying to do that since 2011, the last time the Lions made the playoffs (#6 again when they should have won the division, just like this year).

Dallas I could see beating Seattle. If AZ had Palmer under center, I could see them beating Seattle in the Division round. Carolina will push Seattle really hard in the Division round too. I don't trust Green Bay, and I actually trust New England less. Cannot trust PIT because Bell is injured and I think BAL can rally to knock them off.

Posting 1+1 Style!

At some point, San Francisco kicked their sorry history and became the 49ers we knew in the 80's and 90's. Green Bay took several decades off from the 60's until the the Farve days revived them. My point? At some point, talent and the right coach wins, and I see a Detroit team that can beat Dallas and make another team sweat it out in the divisional round. No team has been that great week in and week out: New England got spanked by KC and Green Bay, Denver has looked HORRID on "O" the last three weeks, Dallas almost choked away that amazing start they had, and Pittsburgh lost to both the Jets AND the Bucs for the love of all that is Holy.

My point? Why not Detroit?

Or for that matter, wouldn't it mess everyone up if Carolina got on a roll? How much fun would THAT be to listen to all the "experts" trying to explain that away??

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
At some point, San Francisco kicked their sorry history and became the 49ers we knew in the 80's and 90's. Green Bay took several decades off from the 60's until the the Farve days revived them. My point? At some point, talent and the right coach wins, and I see a Detroit team that can beat Dallas and make another team sweat it out in the divisional round. No team has been that great week in and week out: New England got spanked by KC and Green Bay, Denver has looked HORRID on "O" the last three weeks, Dallas almost choked away that amazing start they had, and Pittsburgh lost to both the Jets AND the Bucs for the love of all that is Holy.

My point? Why not Detroit?

Or for that matter, wouldn't it mess everyone up if Carolina got on a roll? How much fun would THAT be to listen to all the "experts" trying to explain that away??

I say why not?

Look what happened with College Football. Nobody even expected Ohio State to make the playoffs, and they're now in the National Championship. I don't see why a similar upset can't happen in the NFL.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I say why not?

Look what happened with College Football. Nobody even expected Ohio State to make the playoffs, and they're now in the National Championship. I don't see why a similar upset can't happen in the NFL.

Yep... I was 0-2 in those predictions and perfectly fine with both results. As a Gator fan, it is ALWAYS fun to see FSU lose. And while I respect the crap out of the way Saban has turned Alabama into a machine, it is fun for those here in Big 10 country to have a team to root for. Upsets are a good time!!

Side note: First time since 2005 there was not a SEC team playing for a title.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I'd love DET to do it. Offensively, they have the firepower. Defensively, their front 7 is good. They're still maddeningly inconsistent though. Stafford is like a young Favre...I pick them all the time and they can make winning just look hard. But, we'll see what happens.

Posting 1+1 Style!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Well, looks like I am one of my Joe Flacco Wild card weekend runs. I'm 2 for 2 for far and 6 for 6 including last year. I'm picking Dallas slightly today as much as it kills me, but I'd be happy if DET wins. Also have Cincy in a slight upset.

Posting 1+1 Style!

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Well, looks like I am one of my Joe Flacco Wild card weekend runs. I'm 2 for 2 for far and 6 for 6 including last year. I'm picking Dallas slightly today as much as it kills me, but I'd be happy if DET wins. Also have Cincy in a slight upset.

Posting 1+1 Style!

Flacco is a good quarterback. I don't think he gets enough credit.

I am picking Detroit over Dallas because I think Dallas will be all about showboating today, and Detroit will be hungry for the win.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Flacco is a good quarterback. I don't think he gets enough credit.

I am picking Detroit over Dallas because I think Dallas will be all about showboating today, and Detroit will be hungry for the win.

Hope you're right. Cincy lost, so if I go 3 of 4, I still am off to a good start.

Posting 1+1 Style!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm not saying this because I'm an obvious Dolphins fan, but I hope New England faces Seattle in the Super Bowl and pretty-boy Brady gets a taste of what Peyton Manning got last year. With just a little bit of pressure, Brady looks like the 6th round draft choice he is. As much as I dislike Roethlisberger, he stands in the pocket and makes things happen. Don't agree with me, look at what happens when Brady faces teams with good pass rushes. 'Fins sacked him 4 times on opening day and blew them out. KC humiliated them, the Jets gave him all he could handle and almost beat him twice. Green Bay did their thing and Buffalo's excellent front four only gave up 3 field goals in Foxboro.

I'm not a Brady hater, I just don't see the deification. I'd love to see him have to face that freak J.J. Watt twice a year.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Looks like I went 3 of 4 this weekend. The officials may have robbed DET, but DET robbed themselves for no-showing last week in GB.

Folks know where I stand as my bracket is a few rows up. I still pick SEA to beat up whomever gets through the AFC. Although I'm trying to win a pool, I'd love to see a BAL vs Denver and Dallas in SEA for Championship Sunday.

Posted Approved by Nexus 7 (2013)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)