Official 2014 NFL Thread

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Well, I'm not happy to say I'm knocked out of my changes of winning the office playoff pool. Oh well, guess I officially feel like my Giants and Jags now...watching the playoffs with really no true interest at heart.

I'm a Cheesehead, so I'm still good... I am worried a bit about Rodgers though; he was only half of himself yesterday. My 2nd favorite team in the playoffs was the Ravens since I live not too far from Baltimore. I was sorry to see them go.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm a Cheesehead, so I'm still good... I am worried a bit about Rodgers though; he was only half of himself yesterday. My 2nd favorite team in the playoffs was the Ravens since I live not too far from Baltimore. I was sorry to see them go.

Rodgers may get killed in Seattle this week. I'm a Giants and Jags fan first and foremost. There are some teams, including Ravens, I will watch and semi-cheer for. Some teams I won't ever root for but may watch their games when nothing else is on (Philly, Dallas). I merely wanted Dallas to win this week for business purposes only.

As much people frown on the championship matchups, they'll still be good games. I think if Seattle and New England get through, Seattle is such a bad matuchp for Brady because of how good their secondary is.

Posted Approved by Nexus 7 (2013)

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Rodgers may get killed in Seattle this week.

That's what I'm afraid of. When Rodgers is 100% healthy he takes 2nd place to nobody, but he's crippled. It was very obvious yesterday. He didn't move much after the snap and had to rely on the O-line to give him time and room to throw. It also seemed that the running backs got more work than they normally would have. It ended up working out yesterday, but Seattle, at home, will be a much bigger challenge.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Seattle is a 7.5pt pick over Green Bay. New England is a 7pt pick over Indianapolis.

If I was in Vegas, I would put my money on Green Bay and Indianapolis.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Gotta hand it to the Seahawks for not folding. And talk about showing your championship mettle and playing to win. That is how a championship team ends a game

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I was in complete shock. I was screaming at the TV in the first quarter for Green Bay to go for the TD on at least one of those 4 & goals inside the Seahawk 5. You are on the road, and your defense was playing lights out to start the game. One of those 4th downs was on the one half inch line I think!! Do you want to go to the SuperBowl or not, McCarthy??

But, that was a grind it out win much desearved by the Seahawks. I am not a fan of Pete Carroll. Still think he ran from responsability when he bailed on USC just before sanctions came calling. But the man can coach, and he and his staff make great 2nd half adjustments and they never quit.

Ain't looking good for the Colts. I would be 1-1 this weekend if New England pulls away. I said Green Bay in a nailbiter (half right) and the Pats in a walk with the game over by the third quarter.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Well, the Superbowl has some interesting stories. Especially Sherman and Earl Thomas injury statuses. Added to that the fawning over Brady and Bellicheck, Lynch's ducking the media, etc.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Should be a great Superbowl. As a homer, I'm rooting for the Pats. But I am not gonna make any predictions. The NFC title game proves how unpredictable and crazy this game is. I'm just hoping for a competitive contest.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Should be a great Superbowl. As a homer, I'm rooting for the Pats. But I am not gonna make any predictions. The NFC title game proves how unpredictable and crazy this game is. I'm just hoping for a competitive contest.

I'm hoping the Super Bowl will be more like the NFC Championship game than like the AFC Championship game in terms of the score! Blowouts are boring.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping the Super Bowl will be more like the NFC Championship game than like the AFC Championship game in terms of the score! Blowouts are boring.

We will see. I hope it is competitive. As long as the Pats lose, I can be fine with whatever the score is.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
We will see. I hope it is competitive. As long as the Pats lose, I can be fine with whatever the score is.

I actually like the Patriots, mainly because I like that Belichick became successful after the Browns dumped him. I always hated Art Modell and think the Browns could've been good had Belichick stayed.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, me too. I'd rather the Pats lose to NYG again, just because it would be funny a 3rd time, but they were never close this year, and don't look like they will be again any time soon.

Sorry, can't help it. I've always rooted for the underdog it seems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos