Official 2014 NFL Thread

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Hard not to think this will be a good SuperBowl. People have been touting these two teams at least since mid-season as among the best 5 teams out there, even as the other three kept changing. Both staffs have a "been there, done that" feel about them. I could make a case that Russell Wilson is a better clutch QB than Tom Brady right now, although it is splitting hairs. I think position for position Seattle is actually more talented than New England except TE.

And now for todays official understatement: That guy with the wierd last name on the Patriots is a pretty good player at the TE position.

No, not the one in jail... the one still playing. (Too soon?)

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
11 of 12 Pats footballs were under inflated. CHEATERS!

Yep... I was all up in arms ready to attack when I came across this gem about my Bucs SuperBowl victory:

Former Bucs QB reportedly admits modifying footballs ahead of Super Bowl victory | Fox News

Apparently, Brad Johnson paid a nice little sum of cash to have people "scuff" their footballs so he could grip them better. (He responded by throwing an interception on his first drive.)

Underinflated balls? Heck, that is just part of the game!!

*looks down at feet, hoping doesn't look too guilty*

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
By the way... I am all in on the Seahawks. Easy to cheer for team (except their coach. ugh). Brady and Belichek are just to easy to cheer against.

Besides... The Seahawks beating Manning and Brady in back to back SuperBowls? That is just to juicy of a storyline.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Brady and the Pats are like "The U" in Arizona - zero wins and 2 losses. Both losses being for a championship. Well, one of Miami's losses was a mugging by the refs courtesy of a 10 minute late phantom pass interference penalty. Sorry Laura, I still despise Ohio State.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
The Patriots are taking a lot of heat. Bill Belichick sounded like Sgt Schultz from Hogan's Heroes this morning. They also have a taped interview of Tom Brady saying he likes deflated footballs from 2011.

Attachments

• cheaties.jpg
    cheaties.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, the stuff with the Pats is overblown. We all know that there is a fine line between seeking an edge and cheating - Pats blur that line all the time. With all the success Brady has had, they remind me of the Braves of the 90s. Should they have won more? Yes...but it evens out in the end.

If on super Sunday they get their doors blown off by Seattle, this is all moot (and I expect Seattle to drub them anyways).

Posted Approved by Nexus 7 (2013)

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Honestly, the stuff with the Pats is overblown. We all know that there is a fine line between seeking an edge and cheating - Pats blur that line all the time. With all the success Brady has had, they remind me of the Braves of the 90s. Should they have won more? Yes...but it evens out in the end.

If on super Sunday they get their doors blown off by Seattle, this is all moot (and I expect Seattle to drub them anyways).

Posted Approved by Nexus 7 (2013)

LOL! Just wait until Superbowl media day: :grin: Super Bowl Media Day Fan Event - NFL.com

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett