Official 2014 NFL Thread

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping the Super Bowl will be more like the NFC Championship game than like the AFC Championship game in terms of the score! Blowouts are boring.

Excellent prediction Laura; it was similar to the NFC Championship game!

Also I didn't see a single Microsoft Surface anywhere, unless I'm blind because all I saw were binders and papers.

I saw Brady using one, but not long before that he and a coach were using paper. The whole year it almost seemed that the teams were using the Surfaces because they were forced to.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Excellent prediction Laura; it was similar to the NFC Championship game!

I saw Brady using one, but not long before that he and a coach were using paper. The whole year it almost seemed that the teams were using the Surfaces because they were forced to.

I saw a few surfaces and a surface sign :p

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Pass play on the goal line with less than 2 minutes to go!!!
:(
2 shoves and the Seahawks would be repeat champs now.

Damn them.
Weird stuff.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Pass play on the goal line with less than 2 minutes to go!!!
:(
2 shoves and the Seahawks would be repeat champs now.

Damn them.
Weird stuff.
That's the weirdest ending to any football game I've ever seen, much less a Super Bowl.

I would've tried runs by Lynch two more times (if needed), followed by a run by Wilson on 4th down (if needed)--no passing at all.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I know right! they had it in the bag !

Yes it would seem so. But had the Seahawks scored a touchdown, the Patriots could have still tied it with a field goal. Although, it would have been a long shot since there was very little time left on the clock.

After the interception, Seattle didn't have to make it worse by getting those 2 penalties. That gave New England room to kneel.

And one more thing: shouldn't Malcolm Butler have earned the Chevy truck (and the MVP award)?

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I can obviously see why Malcolm Butler should have been considered for MVP. I think it was just hard to ignore the historical and clutch nature of Brady's performance. Especially in the 4th quarter. He really put on a clinic on how to play the position in the clutch.

Or as I'm sure the haters will probably say the NFL continues to have a hard on for TB, lol

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I can obviously see why Malcolm Butler should have been considered for MVP. I think it was just hard to ignore the historical and clutch nature of Brady's performance. Especially in the 4th quarter. He really put on a clinic on how to play the position in the clutch.

Or as I'm sure the haters will probably say the NFL continues to have a hard on for TB, lol

I agree that Brady certainly earned the title. Butler made one play, but it was probably the most decisive single play of the game. In the '96 Packers' Super Bowl win (I'm a Cheesehead, OK?) Desmond Howard won the MVP award for his 99 yard kickoff return for a touchdown. So the premise of giving the award based on a single play isn't unprecedented.

Either way, I imagine that Butler can afford to by a new truck. Or Brady might give him the one he won or buy him one!

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
With 3 tries from the 1 yard line. I could have ran the ball in. I can see the headlines now, "Unknown Electrician from Chicago wins Super Bowl for the Seahawks". :grin:

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
With 3 tries from the 1 yard line. I could have ran the ball in. I can see the headlines now, "Unknown Electrician from Chicago wins Super Bowl for the Seahawks". :grin:

I was rooting for the Patriots, but given the chance I would have tried to run it in for the Seahawks!

It wasn't quite as straightforward as having 3 (actually 4 because it was 4 down territory) chances to run it in. The Seahawks had 1 timeout left with :26 on the game clock. There was time for about 2 running plays, maybe 3 with the timeout.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

Lol...
Heck Seattle could've tripped on their shoe laces and won this.
Still shaking my head here...

Ah well...all done now.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Could have heard a pin drop from the entire household watching the game where I was at when the Seahawks blew that call. They lined up in the shotgun, and I said out loud "I do not like this." Seconds later, the ball was in the hands of the Patriots. The whole house screamed "NO!!" or "WHAT HAPPENED??" and then it just went dead silent. It was actually hilarous, looking back on it. Blew chunks at the time, for there were 20 or so of us all cheering for Seattle.

By the way- out of the need for the full honesty department, I looked like a football guru for my comment before the last play, but I was also screaming at them to go for the field goal at the end of the 1st half since they would get the ball to start the 2nd half. I thought it was a moronic decision to go for the score with 6 seconds left and run the risk of coming away with nothing and still being down by 7. I looked really stupid 4 seconds later.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
That's the weirdest ending to any football game I've ever seen, much less a Super Bowl.

I would've tried runs by Lynch two more times (if needed), followed by a run by Wilson on 4th down (if needed)--no passing at all.

Laura, Laura, Laura. As an Ohioan, you of all people should know that the '02 Fiesta Bowl was the weirdest pseudo-ending to any football game. That pass interference call was worse than any of the calls, or non-calls, from this postseason. Yes, I'm still bitter. The U was robbed.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Laura, Laura, Laura. As an Ohioan, you of all people should know that the '02 Fiesta Bowl was the weirdest pseudo-ending to any football game. That pass interference call was worse than any of the calls, or non-calls, from this postseason. Yes, I'm still bitter. The U was robbed.

How could I have forgotten that game?

You're right. That one was just bizarre because the refs blew the calls so badly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel