Your 4 favorite movies ever....

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Okay... as I am hopelessly optimistic, I am curious as to the BEST movies you have seen. And because I am also curious, let's make this fun and ask:

Your favorite comedy?

Your favorite action movie?

Your favorite Sci-Fi? (Or horror?)

Your favorite Drama?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I have got:

Comedy: This is my toughest category. I am going with "The Naked Gun" after erasing this selection about 10 times.

Action: "Raiders of the Lost Ark" edges out the greatest Christmas movie ever "Die Hard".

Sci-Fi- Greatest movies ever made owns this category going away- "The Empire Strikes Back".

Drama: Would you believe a Hitchcock movie not many people have seen? It is called "Lifeboat", and I think it is the best of the Masters many great ones.

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Ted.

The Dark Knight.

Cloud Atlas.

Her.

Edit: In front of OP's favorite classics, my favorites seem oddly modern age junk. Oh well!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
This is WAY too hard, so you'll see ties from me:

Naked Gun series/Hot Shots series (Honorary mentions Beverly Hills Cop and Ace Ventura)

Jurassic Park 1(honorable mentions to Candy man series/Nightmare on Elm st series)

Iron Eagle series/Death Wish series

Hannibal Lecter series (Silence of the Lambs + Hannibal + Red Dragon)

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

anon(8985111)

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Comedy: "Anchorman 2" (I'm not that into comedy though)

Action: "Batman Begins" (I find it even better than The Dark Knight), a more classic one would be "Raging Bull"

SciFi: "Inception" (Is it SciFi?) If not, I will nominate "Gattaca"

Drama / Thriller: That one's hard since it's my favorite genre. "The Prestige", "A Few Good Men", "Eyes Wide Shut", "Flight", "Basic Instinct", "Clockwork Orange"...pick one...

anon(8985111)

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I thought I was the only one in America that liked Batman Begins the best of the three. Owe you one, Mr. Tesla.

Maybe you're. I'm not American ;-)

BTW the reason I prefer the first one is because I love how they go into detail about his childhood and how his mind develops over time. Inarguably, "The Dark Knight" features more action, but for me, the story part matters significantly when assessing a movie.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Ok here goes.
1. Comedy - Monty Python's Life of Brian.

2. Action - Aliens. Probably the best sequel ever made.

3. Sci-Fi - Blade Runner. After so many years, nothing really compares. Ridley Scott created a masterpiece.

4. Drama - Not really my cup of tea. So I'll pick Proof.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Your favorite comedy? - Rush Hour 1

Your favorite action movie? - The Matrix

Your favorite Sci-Fi? (Or horror?) - 28 Days Later...

Your favorite Drama? Interstellar (Gotchya!)

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
TED.

It would have to be either Dark Knight Rises or Captain America The Winter Soldier.

I haven't seen a lot of Sci-Fi but does The Matrix count?

For favorite drama, would Shawshank Redemption count?

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Why only 4 movies? I could give a long list of my favourite movies!
Here are some of them which I could think of
The dark knight rises, Forrest Gump, Inception & all racing movies & horror movies

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
TED.

It would have to be either Dark Knight Rises or Captain America The Winter Soldier.

I haven't seen a lot of Sci-Fi but does The Matrix count?

For favorite drama, would Shawshank Redemption count?
Does The Matrix count?? Dude it's the best sci-fi movie ever made..

Coded from a Clover Trail+ Machine!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
1. Dumb and Dumber

2. Predator

3. Event Horizon

4. Fight Club

I totally forgot about "Event Horizon". I really dug that flick!! Also, not sure how it took this long for a "Fight Club" reference.

Maybe it is because no one talks about "Fight Club".... Rule #1 and #2.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Why only 4 movies? I could give a long list of my favourite movies!

Oh, I am with you. A few years ago, my daughter and I had a long talk about our favorite movies, and we each tried to come up with our top 25 flicks. At first, we were all like "It is going to be hard to come up with 25."

Then, a day or two later, each of our lists had ballooned to about 50-60 movies and counting and we basically gave up. We felt guilty cutting this movie, not picking that one, how to move that flick out of the top 10...

Way too stressful.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
"The Matrix" seems to have shown up the most. Does that mean we can all forgive Keanu Reeves for "The Day the Earth Stood Still" remake, as well as "47 Ronan"? (Which I actually kinda liked.)

The dude has an interesting filmography. Ever actually looked at all the great movies/dudes he has done? He is an "all or nothing" actor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire