Do you get annoyed or irritated whenever there's an Apple launch event?

sailorboi88

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I do, big time. I get annoyed because people are practically frothing at their mouths at some feature that isnt very noteworthy, or has actually been released already by another company. Argh! #somuchhate :angry::angry:

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Personality I like big launches because I find it interesting house they launch their devices and present their features. Plus it gives me idea for our own platform and it's never a bad idea to keep your finger on the technology pulse!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't really care. I like it for the entertainment value and Apple will be Apple, no need to get worked up over x feature or y arrogance, life's too short.
Not saying I'm never ticked, but that's how they are and I'm amused watching.

Still nice to see what they do.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
[h=1]do you get annoyed/ irritated whenever there's an apple launch event?
[/h]

Nah...
Doesn't bother me.

Those events come and go and I don't even know when or where.
Now WalMart on "Black Friday" is a different story...

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes I get annoyed, because every Apple event makes me realize how unorganized and discombobulated Microsoft's mobile platform is.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes, but it's good to know competition. I also might get it if it looks good, that or the new Moto X. It is annoying that the iSheep craze about it and every news site and paper talks about it, but Apple isn't a bad company. You may not like their phones, but they are good phones.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I enjoy the fact that a lot of people talk about it because then I can show them their tweets about how "4 inches is the perfect size for a phone".

Tomorrow is going to be a fun day.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I enjoy the fact that a lot of people talk about it because then I can show them their tweets about how "4 inches is the perfect size for a phone".

Tomorrow is going to be a fun day.

Well 4.7 is actually perfect, 5.2 is the highest I'll go (Moto X 2014).

Plus, even though my 920 is 4.5", the Moto X makes it look smaller, because it decreases the bezels.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Well 4.7 is actually perfect, 5.2 is the highest I'll go (Moto X 2014).

Plus, even though my 920 is 4.5", the Moto X makes it look smaller, because it decreases the bezels.

Nope, sorry. 4 inches is the perfect size.... Until Apple invents 4.7 inch screens that is, then THAT will be the perfect size (;

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
And their announcements.
LOL, I hit this thread just to make this very comment. Put aside any prejudices one might have and just compare tomorrow's Apple presentation with last week's MS/Nokia presentation. And I'm not talking about the size of the crowd or the glitz or even the specific features described. Just compare how smoothly everything is presented; the confidence, the timing, the demonstrations. MS brought up that footballer Lassi during their camera demo, and what did he do? Stood there balancing a ball on his head. It added absolutely nothing to the demonstration. [smh]

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Nope, sorry. 4 inches is the perfect size.... Until Apple invents 4.7 inch screens that is, then THAT will be the perfect size (;

Apple may "reinvent", but they do it right. Not saying in this case they will, but things like "reinventing" tablets (iPad made it better), computers with no disc drive, high res display on a phone, and soon, "reinventing" the watch. I'm sure Apple wanted to wait till people made crap watches, like Samsung, learn from it, and perfect it. Then, these companies like Samsung try to copy Apple.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
LOL, I hit this thread just to make this very comment. Put aside any prejudices one might have and just compare tomorrow's Apple presentation with last week's MS/Nokia presentation. And I'm not talking about the size of the crowd or the glitz or even the specific features described. Just compare how smoothly everything is presented; the confidence, the timing, the demonstrations. MS brought up that footballer Lassi during their camera demo, and what did he do? Stood there balancing a ball on his head. It added absolutely nothing to the demonstration. [smh]

I never watch Nokia conferences, and rarely Microsoft conferences, and prefer Apple's, even when I don't like them. Why? Because they are actually INTERESTING!

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I get excited. And its not so much the potential of their be something new to buy. But as someone who's a fan of electronics in general, it's exciting to see the launch of potential game changers

hepi

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Not a fan of Apple products but do like how they generate buzz, show off features, and release the product in a well defined, timely, fashion while enthusiasm is still high. Microsoft shows off some great products or OS updates and the availability is vague (coming this summer or Q4 2014) when the excitement is gone and forgotten by the average consumer.

anon(8985111)

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Apple holds almost picture-perfect product presentations so for the entrepreneur inside me there's always a lot of things to keep an eye out for. Not so much up for their products though.

I totally agree. This was a huge disappointment, not necessarily productwise, but presentationwise. I might raise a controversial point here, but I kind of liked Elop's presentations. He is fully dedicated to the products he's presenting whilst not stressing totally irrelevant points ("some people argue I spend more hours in the office than at home" --> "Thanks for sharing. Not."). The good thing though is that upcoming presentations won't get worse, I have no idea how one would beat his "Perception lacks reality" assessment.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Best to avoid the internet for that day and the next while they "invent" more existing technology....
Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The product is usually top of it's class.

The tech "journalists" will amplify said product to mythical levels. The 20+ articles covering every new feature will overrun the webpage. The fanatics will feel justified because they've been waiting in line since July. Those who laughed at us for our large phones will rejoice because big phones are now cool. Everyone that stopped wearing a watch will buy an iWatch because... because! And at the end of it all we will remember, "Well hell, it's still just a phone."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb