09-13-2014 11:30 AM
54 123
tools
    Why even name it windows? Jeez! Modern Apps don't even run in windows. At least, they wont for tablet/phone form factor. Call it mOS shorthand for Microsoft OS, mobile OS whatever goes for you. Make windows logo as Microsoft's and slam it at the back of phones like apple does it with its products. Plagiarism at its best. Wohoo!
    Then Apple would promptly sue them! Innovation by litigation!
    09-13-2014 05:52 AM
    's'not happening. None of it.

Silly waste of time. I'm surprised a Mod has not closed this thread already. I'm not reading beyond post one. No point in it. I am, however, very tired of seeing the title rising to the top of the forum. Please just let this thread die a quiet death due to neglect...
    09-13-2014 10:43 AM
    Microsoft bought the rights to Nokia's hardware division. They did not buy the Nokia brand or the company as a whole.
    I'm glad somebody else understands Microsoft's acquisition of Nokia Manufacturing. In the acquisition, MS retained the rights to use the Asha and Lumia brand names NOT the brand name 'Nokia'. Nokia agreed to allow MS to distribute phones using their Corporate name for only a short allotted time.

And, as N said
    If Nokia is all that matters to you then you're on the platform for the wrong reason.
    I for one am glad to see MS make move to rebrand....would love to see them introduce the new Surface Phone and Surface Tablets running Microsoft Mobile 9.

You should be on this platform because you like Windows Phone...or Windows....or Microsoft...or whatever they decide to name their products.
    Last edited by daddymanAZ; 09-13-2014 at 11:28 AM.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    09-13-2014 11:05 AM
    This is a well battered subject on WPC.
    I don't see this thread adding much more than has already been covered numerous times in previous threads.
    Thank you all for your input here.

Closed.
    09-13-2014 11:30 AM
54 123