09-23-2014 04:26 AM
39 12
tools
    Gimmick
    akshaypn likes this.
    09-16-2014 09:19 AM
    Beside there was no easy way to remove it before yesterday when Apple had to launch a support website and SOI Remove tool
    There was too, you just didn't know how to do it.

Good god, this isn't some grand conspiracy where they exposed all your naughty Snapchat messages or sent your banking information to Nigerian scammers. They put a free album by a critically acclaimed band in your iTunes purchased items.

You have to keep in mind that the iTunes Music Store, iTunes itself, hell, even iOS... you don't own any of that. It's all licensed to you by Apple, and as long as they don't do anything illegal they can do with it as they wish. And - as mentioned earlier - you give Apple explicit permissions to do things like this when you breeze by the TOS and click Accept.

Next time... read the fine print.
    09-16-2014 09:43 AM

Good god, this isn't some grand conspiracy where they exposed all your naughty Snapchat messages or sent your banking information to Nigerian scammers. They put a free album by a critically acclaimed band in your iTunes purchased items.

You have to keep in mind that the iTunes Music Store, iTunes itself, hell, even iOS... you don't own any of that. It's all licensed to you by Apple, and as long as they don't do anything illegal they can do with it as they wish. And - as mentioned earlier - you give Apple explicit permissions to do things like this when you breeze by the TOS and click Accept.

Just out of curiosity, will you be fine with it if they load religious music into your account? Or political music? 5 albums? 1000 albums? Just because you like U2 doesn't mean everyone wants it in their account. It's nothing to do with the music itself; it's the principle. Insulting people didn't help prove your point.
    akshaypn likes this.
    09-16-2014 09:55 AM
    Just out of curiosity, will you be fine with it if they load religious music into your account? Or political music? 5 albums? 1000 albums?
    Honestly, no, because I don't use iTunes or the iOS Music app. I also have "show all music" and "automatic downloads" turned off. If I did use iTunes or the iOS Music app I still would not mind because I still would have "show all music" and "automatic downloads" turned off and I know how to hide the music so I never see it. Spotify FTW.

That said, do you honestly think I would hypocrisize myself by posting that I would not be fine with it? LOL.

Just because you like U2
    I never said I liked U2. I said they're critically acclaimed and that a free album in your iTunes Purchased list is no big deal.
    09-16-2014 12:12 PM
    Album was a dud. 👎
    akshaypn likes this.
    09-16-2014 10:33 PM
    I actually enjoyed the album. Played it in the background at the end of my shift. A softer than some of their older stuff. But it was enjoyable.

With that being said, I don't know why they and Apple thought "gifting" people with the album would be warmly received.
    k72, Laura Knotek and akshaypn like this.
    09-16-2014 10:37 PM

You've got no idea how good it feels to read a comment like yours. Thanks for being realistic and able to write down something seriously good. It was needed. I've got no idea why, but it's impossible to say something positive about Apple or Apple related products on this forum. I'm guessing that we all know Apple's the superior over Microsoft, desktops, phones, gadgets, tablets and operating systems and we would love to get Apple hardware for Microsoft prices. But hey, that ain't gonna happen.

Apple's iTunes Store got a huge deal with U2. Some hate U2, some love. But when did the Zune Music Store (Anyone? HELLO?!) or Microsoft Music Store (whatever ... ) do anything like this? Indeed, never.
    09-19-2014 02:52 AM
    It's nice Apple/U2 gave it away. I've heard of it, but it's not their finest work. I enjoyed 'No Line On The Horizon' more. But that's just me.
    akshaypn likes this.
    09-19-2014 05:51 AM
    Apple's iTunes Store got a huge deal with U2. Some hate U2, some love. But when did the Zune Music Store (Anyone? HELLO?!) or Microsoft Music Store (whatever ... ) do anything like this? Indeed, never.
    Yeah, this isn't about Apple or U2. It's about people not wanting their libraries changed without their knowledge or permission. There's a reason Microsoft (and Google) don't do that.
    Laura Knotek and akshaypn like this.
    09-19-2014 12:35 PM
    I can't liiiiive, with or without it...
    iamtim likes this.
    09-19-2014 11:30 PM
    is that Nilsson via Mariah Carey??
    I can't liiiiive, with or without it...
    muneshyne21 likes this.
    09-19-2014 11:48 PM
    raycpl likes this.
    09-20-2014 01:26 AM
    .. have it for a week now, the tempers has died down, the dust has settled, etc etc
    whatever the methodology they used to have it ended up on my 920... I must admit there is a cluster of great songs in there... After the dip in NLOTH, the is pretty good...
    09-23-2014 04:18 AM
    Reported cost apple 100 million
    09-23-2014 04:26 AM
39 12