The Verge are really starting to **** me off

WDavis4692

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Their bias is just sickening. First they moan about how the iPhone's have the perfect screen size and all these phablets and 5" devices are just oversized, too big, don't sit right in the hand, etc, etc.

Now Apple comes out with bigger phones and all of a sudden "It feels good to hold" "not too big" blah, blah, blah.

Now when they do a 'hands on' for a product if it's Apple product it's always just glowering praise, not a single criticism in their latest iP6 hands on. Yet any other manuf. and they complain about things. Are all Apple products perfect in their eyes?

Does this moronic excuse of a tech site have any credibility at all?

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Not the only website to do that, quite a few of them out there. Also, don't forget how the media just loves to promote Apple's products! Last week, no mention at all of new Microsoft/Nokia phones launched but the iPhone 6 is all over the evening news!

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Opinions can change, so really it's nothing too serious.

I'm afraid in this day and age every "journalist" has to put an opinion on it rendering the article completely subjective instead of objective and whenever someone points it out, usually their response is "we're a blogging site" but then when it comes to special events that's journalists only they pretend to be "journalists".

They're very few news sites that keep their opinion out of the article so I can get the facts.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I am pretty sure we all knew that this was going to be the "Year of the Apple" again. Honestly, I think if you look at the last 2 years, people have been fairly quiet on Apple. The iPhone 5, 5S, and 5C just didn't set the world on fire. It wasn't what the consumer wanted, and Apple was seeing drops in sales. Apple FINALLY responded, and released what their user base has been wanting: Bigger screens. As a result, the excitement for these 2 iPhones has been building for months. So, every tech site will glow and gush over these to get hits and traffic. Some are huge Apple fans to begin with, so it will be right up their alley.

We need to accept it: Apple still rules in the mobile headlines. We are going to see a ton of Apple headlines all the way through Christmas. That iPhone 6+ will be the greatest answer to all the pains out there. Just the nature of the beast.

Pity the poor iPhone user still stuck with a 3.5" screen.....

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I agree with OP. I recently watched an youtube video about IP6 which was a parody and it pissed me off when he started comparing it with Android and WP. He completely neglected WP's existence by saying "..WP..oh, forget about it!!"
This made me realize that people on the board have become more and more commercial and forgetting their business; the business that boasts off being unbiased!

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Apples iPhones lack these features

No micro sd support, nfc/Bluetooth sharing.

No dual sim support

IPhones 6/6+ are the first ones to get nfc, before that any of the iPhone didn't have nfc

I know that the people buying an iPhone don't care about these features, but these most basic features are also the main reason most of the people don't buy an iPhone

If you could get an iPhone for a contract then fine, otherwise here in India, you don't have carriers giving phones on contract. IPhones here are always too costly & are among the ones who set a huge bar for smartphone price, that to when we don't have apple services here & we are not going to get it anytime soon

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Apples iPhones lack these features

No dual sim support

IPhones 6/6+ are the first ones to get nfc, before that any of the iPhone didn't have nfc

I know that the people buying an iPhone don't care about these features, but these most basic features are also the main reason most of the people don't buy an iPhone

If you could get an iPhone for a contract then fine, otherwise here in India, you don't have carriers giving phones on contract. IPhones here are always too costly & are among the ones who set a huge bar for smartphone price, that to when we don't have apple services here & we are not going to get it anytime soon

yeah i spoke to my friend who imports apple products to resellers here and he said the estimated price of a 16gb iphone 6 is a whopping 69k and 20+ k for an apple watch
this sums up to approx $2000 just as a starting price
rather get an ipad and a windows phone

StephanW

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm still trying to understand why articles are still claiming the iP5 has the 'best camera'. It boggles the mind.
Because MP isn't key. That's why! Best camera depends on so many key features not just MegaPixel.
One thing with my 1320. It hasn't got a killer camera, but it's so painfully slow that I always miss the moment. So what if I got that killer camera app, but when I see something pretty it takes 10 seconds to start! It's ****. Total ****.

The best camera:

- Fast, SUPER fast!
- Easy, but really super easy!
- Between 4 and 8 MP.
- Color correction, noise reduction

MicroSD could be nice. But you should buy a killer fast SD because otherwise it's just crap! 90% of Apple users don't WANT to think about buying an SD, they want it to just work. And NFC or Bluetooth sharing, oh yeah that's sooo cool .... AirDrop my friend, AirDrop. So there goes your feature.

No dual sim support
I don't really get this ever, but I'm european. So perhaps it's not hot to have dual SIM in your phone.

And what did you really do with NFC? My girlfriend once, (one time) used it. She got her phone connected to speakers, but she walked further so NFC didn't connect anymore... she moved to Bluetooth directly. Can you give me one example why you used NFC?

No, people don't buy the iPhone due to price. If the iPhone would be 400 USD the whole world would get one.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Because MP isn't key. That's why! Best camera depends on so many key features not just MegaPixel.
One thing with my 1320. It hasn't got a killer camera, but it's so painfully slow that I always miss the moment. So what if I got that killer camera app, but when I see something pretty it takes 10 seconds to start! It's ****. Total ****.

The best camera:

- Fast, SUPER fast!
- Easy, but really super easy!
- Between 4 and 8 MP.
- Color correction, noise reduction

MicroSD could be nice. But you should buy a killer fast SD because otherwise it's just crap! 90% of Apple users don't WANT to think about buying an SD, they want it to just work. And NFC or Bluetooth sharing, oh yeah that's sooo cool .... AirDrop my friend, AirDrop. So there goes your feature.

I don't really get this ever, but I'm european. So perhaps it's not hot to have dual SIM in your phone.

And what did you really do with NFC? My girlfriend once, (one time) used it. She got her phone connected to speakers, but she walked further so NFC didn't connect anymore... she moved to Bluetooth directly. Can you give me one example why you used NFC?

No, people don't buy the iPhone due to price. If the iPhone would be 400 USD the whole world would get one.

i dont think so
airdrop is not the future because its limited to apple products only that too only newer ones
i agree dual sim is not hot to have in a phone though
the iphone camera is nothing compared to any carl zeiss lumia imho
1320 doesnt have a carl zeiss lens but still has a nifty camera
nokia camera may be slow to open etc but microsoft camera is really fast
inbuilt storage without sd card support isnt the issue,the issue is when its just 16gb for the base variant and higher capacitites are massively pricier
i agree megapixel isnt key etc but iphone 6 lacks ois etc as well

StephanW

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
i dont think so
airdrop is not the future because its limited to apple products only that too only newer ones
i agree dual sim is not hot to have in a phone though
the iphone camera is nothing compared to any carl zeiss lumia imho
1320 doesnt have a carl zeiss lens but still has a nifty camera
nokia camera may be slow to open etc but microsoft camera is really fast
inbuilt storage without sd card support isnt the issue,the issue is when its just 16gb for the base variant and higher capacitites are massively pricier
i agree megapixel isnt key etc but iphone 6 lacks ois etc as well
Well 100 USD more for 16 to 64GB. "Massively pricier" ...
I could try Microsoft Camera, but Nokia Camera is the standard on my phone. I used that. Why do I even have 2 camera apps? It's confusing.
Not that I make photos because like I said I always miss the moment. But we're going slightly off-topic.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Their bias is just sickening. First they moan about how the iPhone's have the perfect screen size and all these phablets and 5" devices are just oversized, too big, don't sit right in the hand, etc, etc.

Now Apple comes out with bigger phones and all of a sudden "It feels good to hold" "not too big" blah, blah, blah.

Now when they do a 'hands on' for a product if it's Apple product it's always just glowering praise, not a single criticism in their latest iP6 hands on. Yet any other manuf. and they complain about things. Are all Apple products perfect in their eyes?

Does this moronic excuse of a tech site have any credibility at all?

I was a bit skeptical when people at WPCentral said that the Verge was biased.

However I saw in one of their videos how quick they were to dismiss Android tablets, just because they we're running Android. I'm willing to provide the link to the video.

They are biased however I still like watching a lot of their product reviews.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Just because it's Android? Wooooow talk about BS, I would like to see that vid :p I don't like Android but there has to be a constructive criticism about it instead of saying: Android? Pffft, Oh helloooooooo iOS where have you been? ;)

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Just because it's Android? Wooooow talk about BS, I would like to see that vid :p I don't like Android but there has to be a constructive criticism about it instead of saying: Android? Pffft, Oh helloooooooo iOS where have you been? ;)

Just watch the first few minutes to hear him ignore a tablet just because its Android.

Sony's new products, from the Z3 to the Walkman: http://youtu.be/UQbC3IJeCGQ

Luckily the video has received a lot of dislikes, hopefully they realize their mistake.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos