Propaganda Measures?

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I read that too. I was glad to see so much defense, but it didn't seem that the author was interested in corrections or accuracy. Sad. For as much as people like to point out low market share, they sure do seem to have a lot to say about an OS that "nobody" uses.

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
It's just a trend for many tech writers to talk bad about WP, is like a standard to write those kind of articles even if it gets to the point of stupidity or blatant ignorance... seems it's required to make those articles in order to be accepted in the tech blog community. Sometimes you can find some valid points, but most of time it's just useless rant.

Edge007

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I have to chime in on this.

I hate to admit, but after reading the article there is some legitimacy to the argument presented. I used to work for Sprint, and I can remember when the Palm Pre was launched, and then the Android back in '08 & '09. The main thing I remembered in the competition between the two was that the Android widgets caught on, and that Google was quicker to update Android than Palm. Palm suffered due in part to their issues with software updates (early days of cloud services), and hardware issues (the sliding mechanism would get worn, and keys were too small). But, Google had made a name for prior to making Android, that developed more of the peoples interest, I believe (Google Search, Google Maps, gMail, Chrome).

Microsoft decided to revamp Windows Mobile into Windows Phone 7, the key to Marketing Windows Phone 7 was the Metro interface, Office, Bing, and IE. I eventually switched to my Samsung Focus in February 2011, and for me even up to this day (with my Lumia 1520), I love Windows Phone, but, the biggest chink with Windows Phone is the App Gap, and marketshare. I should not have to switch banks to get use out of my Windows Phone!

Right now, Microsoft is riding the Cortana wave, but Microsoft has to do something more than rely on Cortana, because eventually Apple and Google will catch up to Cortana's abilities. Microsoft has to find something that sets Windows Phone apart or unique (besides Live Tiles), to attract people who want leave Android and iOS (otherwise, Microsoft becomes mediocre, and will continue to see their marketshare shrink). The biggest thing Microsoft can do is humble it's position, and admit that there is an App Gap. Where are the Sirius XM radio app, where is Candy Crush, and where the major apps that would entice Android/iOS users to migrate? Microsoft must try harder to entice developers to produce the apps that are on Android and iOS.

Lastly, unless we as Windows Phone users unite, and try to show the public that our Windows Phone is just as good as the Android/iOS phones, then, we will eventually lose our faith to having the best phone besides iOS and Android. I just see the facts the way they are.

Edge007

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Products die when the consumers that have invested in the product do not care enough to tell others about it. For example, look at how long Sega lasted until it lost appeal with consumers, and although, Nintendo and Sony won over the videogame market, Sega tried to stay relevant with the consumers. What happened was that the people saw the game manufacturers release games that were only for Sony and Nintendo, and the consumer dollar voted to buy the Sony and Nintendo, however, the Propaganda is that the News Publications is heavily invested by the manufacturers to create appeal to get consumers to buy their product, and to add insult to injury is that the Sony and Nintendo consumers ARE NOT ASHAMED to stand by their company's product.

So, in essence, the future of Microsoft's success is in the hand's of the consumer, but it is up to the consumer to help Microsoft's Windows Phone (Windows 10 OS) to stay in the conversations with the media and private citizens (this is what is known as "BUZZ" or Elevator Talk). Do you think that the iOS and Android fanboys and girls are going to relent from their position without a demonstration of why Windows Phone has advantages over their phone. I can think of a few, which are, Windows Phone has not been hacked, there are no malwares in the ecosystem, Cortana, Nokia Camera software (and for some, the Lumia 1520 and 1020 hardware).

Keep talking about Windows Phone, and what it does for you! Let the Android and iOS fans see that you are not afraid to be Bold with your choice of your cell phone, because eventually you will inspire those who are ready to convert to consider buying a Windows Phone. Marketing is largely successful when the Word Of Mouth is hugely actively selling to others (Microsoft cannot sell Windows Phone successfully on their own). It is very important to see that Microsoft is penetrating the marketshare, and if we talk about Windows Phone to others, then, we will get the Manufacturers, App Developers, marketshare, and respect.

ekgmedia

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I agree with promoting what you believe in. I have been an evangelist in my circle of friends and family, and have converted a handful of people that actually bought one for themselves.

I think another thing that would be an asset is to perhaps get a group of windows phone users to raise an interest with hardware manufactures of highend android phones, to convenience them that if they were to build a windows equivalent, that it would sell. Sony z3, Plus1, HTC eye, and maybe even Samsung come to mind. After all, the OS is now free to vendors, with Android they are having to pay royalties to MS. So in the long run this would save them money. All they would need to do is design drivers for the OS, Install and test it.

So far is seems the only vendor willing to truly create a Windows phone on a flagship device, is HTC. Samsung only does a Half A$$ job buy rolling out old gear with Windows OS. Why not take an S5 or Note4 and put Windows on it? They already owe MS a ton of money in overdue royalties. Have the strike a deal with MS for a reduced balance if they put out flagship devices.

All in all I thing this would communicate to consumers, you might want to check out a Windows phone.

ekgmedia

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Keep talking about Windows Phone, and what it does for you! Let the Android and iOS fans see that you are not afraid to be Bold...

I agree with promoting what you believe in. I have been an evangelist in my circle of friends and family, and have converted a handful of people that actually bought one for themselves.

I think another thing that would be an asset is to perhaps get a group of windows phone users to raise an interest with hardware manufactures of highend android phones, to convenience them that if they were to build a windows equivalent, that it would sell. Sony z3, Plus1, HTC eye, and maybe even Samsung come to mind. After all, the OS is now free to vendors, with Android they are having to pay royalties to MS. So in the long run this would save them money. All they would need to do is design drivers for the OS, Install and test it.

So far is seems the only vendor willing to truly create a Windows phone on a flagship device, is HTC. Samsung only does a Half A$$ job buy rolling out old gear with Windows OS. Why not take an S5 or Note4 and put Windows on it? They already owe MS a ton of money in overdue royalties. Have the strike a deal with MS for a reduced balance if they put out flagship devices.

All in all I thing this would communicate to consumers, you might want to check out a Windows phone.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I just read this article on The Next Web

Windows Phone is great, but requires you go all-in on Microsoft - The Next Web

Is it just me or does it seem that the competition keeps trying to post all this bad press on MS to scare users away from a different kinda ecosystem.

It was full of inaccuracies and a bunch of Windows user addressed alot of them, but the damage was already done.

All I have to say, AND APPLE DOES"NT? Apple is the most restrictive system out there. That's why I ditched apple after my iPhone4. Sold off all my apple gear and went back to MS. I used android mobile products and liked them, but then I started reading and picking up the windows phone products every time I went to a store, that was it. I was hooked. I love the WP os, and now windows 8 is awesome.

My wife is a full user of windows products too now. She went from the iPhone to a nokia 520, then to the ativ and now 1020.

We love the ecosystem, and how we are connected to each others devices for instant sharing of media and what not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa