09-16-2014 11:16 PM
27 12
tools
    so I'm sitting in Starbucks, working on some documents on my Surface Pro 2, while teamviewing my desktop back home (editing some videos in Adobe Premiere)... and I look up and two tables away, there's a really cute blonde working intently on her Surface Pro 3.

so after half an hour, she needs to recharge her iPhone so she picks up and sits next to me (I'm sitting by the outlets). So we get to talking about my SP2 and her SP3. She almost bought the SP2 herself but waited for the SP3. never thought the Surface would be a conversation starter!

should've asked for digits...
    09-16-2014 03:20 AM
    so I'm sitting in Starbucks, working on some documents on my Surface Pro 2, while teamviewing my desktop back home (editing some videos in Adobe Premiere)... and I look up and two tables away, there's a really cute blonde working intently on her Surface Pro 3.

so after half an hour, she needs to recharge her iPhone so she picks up and sits next to me (I'm sitting by the outlets). So we get to talking about my SP2 and her SP3. She almost bought the SP2 herself but waited for the SP3. never thought the Surface would be a conversation starter!

You fool!!!! You should have asked her for her digits!!!

She so easily could have been the one!

Unless you're married....

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android
    09-16-2014 03:22 AM
    Haha nice story, I just registered to "Like" your topic
    exkerZ, Muessig, James8561 and 6 others like this.
    09-16-2014 03:29 AM
    Time to sit in starbucks next to an outlet with my SP3
    09-16-2014 03:59 AM
    Pictures or it didn't happen.
    09-16-2014 06:59 AM
    Pictures or it didn't happen.

Lol.
    09-16-2014 07:05 AM
    Seriously...couldn't sneak a spy shot?
    09-16-2014 07:13 AM

You mean you didn't?! Rookie mistake! lol :P
    onlysublime likes this.
    09-16-2014 07:21 AM
    That's where you whip out your phone and say "this is a great phone but it is missing one thing", when she asks what, answer "your number".
    09-16-2014 08:01 AM
    If she is smart enough to have a SP3, why on earth does she have a iPhone? Anyways, you should have asked for digits (if you're single)!

Surfaces are becoming more common around me. Three of the police departments I do work for are deploying them in their cruisers in place of full laptops. I also spied some floating around at local school districts that we do work for too!
    09-16-2014 01:25 PM
    I saw a girl sitting outside Starbucks yesterday by herself with an HP laptop--no one else outside. On the way out, she was still there so I asked her if she wasn't allowed inside because she didn't have a MacBook. She giggled, but I also failed to ask for digits. It's an epidemic!
    09-16-2014 02:16 PM
    I tell you, having a Surface in Startbucks is the in-thing. iPads are so last decade.
    Nerdy Woman, robinleck and bulls96 like this.
    09-16-2014 03:11 PM
    I also saw in starbacks monday one week ago a surface pro 3 user. he was a good looking dude...
    09-16-2014 03:20 PM
    You fool!!!! You should have asked her for her digits!!!

She so easily could have been the one!

Unless you're married....

I doubt it. A SP3 and a iPhone. She's a weirdo.
    09-16-2014 05:29 PM
    Seriously...couldn't sneak a spy shot?
    Creeper
    09-16-2014 05:30 PM
    you should've let her plug her iPhone to your SP2 and drain your battery.
    09-16-2014 06:11 PM
    im sitting in starbucks with my phone more often!! :D :P
    09-16-2014 07:38 PM
    I think my Asus T100 would just get snickers from the SP3 users in the room. :(
    09-16-2014 08:02 PM
    That's where you whip out your phone and say "this is a great phone but it is missing one thing", when she asks what, answer "your number".
    I'm way too old for this now, but I could definitely see striking up a convo with a guy rockin' an SP3. Who'd have thought a computer could be a babe magnet?

The posts in this thread are funny. Kudos to jrohland for the best pick-up line.
    Sam Sabri likes this.
    09-16-2014 08:21 PM
    I am werido as well, that's what I sport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AlexanderJJJ likes this.
    09-16-2014 08:29 PM
    I thought the proper way to do that was to open up the people hub, create a new contact and go "would you fill out this survey for me?" ;p
    exkerZ, robinleck and MSFTisMIA like this.
    09-16-2014 08:37 PM
    I'm way too old for this now, but I could definitely see striking up a convo with a guy rockin' an SP3.
    You're never too old to be flirted with in a good natured way! :) There's this delivery guy at a local supermarket here who always flirts a bit with the ladies, even the elderly ones (just a bit of harmless fun, nothing serious, everyone involved knows it). Leaves them blushing sometimes but always in a great mood feeling appreciated and complimented, and is consequently in great demand and makes the best tips. I'm trying my best to learn from him. :)

Cool, I like the slightly weird ones more. They're often game for anything.
    Nerdy Woman likes this.
    09-16-2014 08:45 PM
    I saw a girl sitting outside Starbucks yesterday by herself with an HP laptop--no one else outside. On the way out, she was still there so I asked her if she wasn't allowed inside because she didn't have a MacBook. She giggled, but I also failed to ask for digits. It's an epidemic!
    Man, that's the story of our lives...missed opportunities. On the other hand, you probably made her day. Good on you!
    onlysublime likes this.
    09-16-2014 08:46 PM
    Sounds like she may have a personality disorder, hot one min., and frigid the next.
    09-16-2014 09:22 PM
    Sounds like she may have a personality disorder, hot one min., and frigid the next.
    'Cause you're hot then you're cold
    You're yes then you're no
    You're in then you're out
    You're up then you're down
    You're wrong when it's right
    It's black and it's white
    We fight, we break up
    We kiss, we make up

09-16-2014 09:44 PM
27 12