I'll be a Computer Sales rep but they say they'll move me to Geek Squad. I didn't ask what is the employee discount on purchases? I didn't ask. If anyone has any knowledge or tips?

Also, any suggestions on how I can keep from taking a bat to the Apple products?
    10-01-2014 03:55 PM
    Also, any suggestions on how I can keep from taking a bat to the Apple products?
    Hmmm, are you going to be looking out for the good of your customers, or acting on your own personal preferences? Would this be any different than phone salesmen steering customers away from WP?

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk
    10-01-2014 05:16 PM
    Hmmm, are you going to be looking out for the good of your customers, or acting on your own personal preferences? Would this be any different than phone salesmen steering customers away from WP?

Taking a bat to the iStuff IS for the good of the customers! :p
    Scienceguy Labs and dzukela like this.
    10-01-2014 05:18 PM
    Taking a bat to the iStuff IS for the good of the customers! :p
    Same as not selling one a WP, no?

10-01-2014 05:22 PM
    Same as not selling one a WP, no?

All those talks about training the sales reps, it's time we even the playing field. Playing fair didn't get us anything.
    10-01-2014 05:31 PM
    Last time I went into my local Best Buy store, I saw zero Windows Phones on display.
    10-01-2014 06:46 PM
    I'll be a Computer Sales rep but they say they'll move me to Geek Squad. I didn't ask what is the employee discount on purchases? I didn't ask. If anyone has any knowledge or tips?

Don't let them dumb you down to their level. Resist!!! Resist!!!! :)

Congrats, though.
    WanderingTraveler likes this.
    10-01-2014 07:12 PM

By the way, congratulations on your new job! I would enjoy working at Best Buy.

I apologize for jumping on you right away. It's just that I see a lot of people here complaining about phone reps steering potential WP customers toward iPhones & Androids. I sensed the same potential situation by your comment on Apple products. Maybe you meant it tongue-in-cheek. But open mindedness works both ways you know!
    WanderingTraveler likes this.
    10-01-2014 09:57 PM
    Congratulations on your job! I'd recommend that you be the guy who other sales reps go to for info on phones~

Snap up the specs, read every review you can, and listen to the customer!
    tgp and aximtreo like this.
    10-01-2014 10:03 PM
    Last time I went into my local Best Buy store, I saw zero Windows Phones on display.
    The only ones they've had when I've been there are the prepaid-in-a-box 520/521. There has never been any other, and no mockups for display purposes.
    10-01-2014 10:21 PM
    Dont try to push your own agenda with a sales job. That doesn't make a good salesman at all
    10-01-2014 10:31 PM
    I won't try to push my agenda, but I'll try to find out their needs before I jump on selling them a product. If they already have a lot invested in the apple or Google play store, it makes sense to stay in that ecosystem. If they don't and they're not dead set against trying something new. I'm pushing Windows!
    10-02-2014 09:41 AM
    I won't try to push my agenda, but I'll try to find out their needs before I jump on selling them a product. If they already have a lot invested in the apple or Google play store, it makes sense to stay in that ecosystem. If they don't and they're not dead set against trying something new. I'm pushing Windows!
    You got it!
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-02-2014 10:30 AM
    Unfortunately I won't be selling WPs. It wouldn't matter at BB anyway since they don't sell any. I'm looking forward to sales but I'm afraid I may get too aggressive. I'm really looking forward to the discount.
    10-03-2014 07:32 AM
    Update on my employment. I've been working a couple weeks and I'm doing a good job. I've really been pushing the Surface 3 but have yet to sell one. Came really close a few times but the price is a real problem. Pushing Surface 2, but the dang endcap is right beside the Ipad Air 2 display. I'll send up fireworks on my first sell!
    11-01-2014 08:12 AM

Easy, if your in sales, then chances are your on commission. The only way you would sell Apple products is if someone wanted one or the commission is higher. No sales people will walk away from a quick sale even if it only pays $1...

When you get in, look over the commission charts, look over what pays the most, then learn those devices inside and out. Remember that everyone needs a extended warranty so make sure you offer them on every sale (in a lot of cases warranties pay higher than the device your selling). As I am sure you have heard that already.

I did commission based sales for years.. in a computer store (major chain) and mid to ultra high end audio video... things you learn...

You can do pretty well on commission sales if you can be very aggressive...

Watch BestBuy, they have sales quotas, if you don't sell X amount with a % of extended warranty's within a month, you might be looking for a new job.
    11-02-2014 10:33 AM
    No commission at BB. But we do have sales quotas. I'm selling lots of notebooks. We do push Geek Squad Protection which is accidental damage and tech support. Also credit apps. I'm personally pushing the Surface Pro 3 but have yet to sell one. People balk at the price. I sell 90% mid range notebooks and Office 365 subscriptions.
    11-02-2014 12:30 PM
    Sold my first Microsoft Surface Pro 3! Customer bought the I5 256gb with the purple type cover. Really cool!
    BobLobIaw likes this.
    11-08-2014 10:22 AM
    Sold my first Microsoft Surface Pro 3! Customer bought the I5 256gb with the purple type cover. Really cool!
    Good job!
    11-20-2014 03:59 PM