Cortana Accent Problem

loverusham

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes I really hate voice recognition when they dont understand my accent or do something completely weird when I command? Like I said "Turn On FlashLight" Cortana heard only "Turn On" and goodness gracious it googled the web and started playing creepy sounds in a family cafe.. Lol :crying:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes I really hate voice recognition when they dont understand my accent or do something completely weird when I command? Like I said "Turn On FlashLight" Cortana heard only "Turn On" and goodness gracious it googled the web and started playing creepy sounds in a family cafe.. Lol :crying:

I experienced the same thing, and I had an interesting observation. Try correcting Cortana by changing the text it recognized. For example, when I said "Schedule downloading the files at Laiza's house tomorrow at 8PM", it created an event "Download the spies and place a house at 8PM tomorrow". The time and date are correct, but the reminder clearly doesn't really make sense. So I went ahead and edited the appointment by typing: "Download the files at Laiza's house", and saved it. Then I deleted the appointment and tried dictating the exact same thing I dictated earlier. To my surprise, Cortana recognized every single word correctly the second time around*.

I guess through this process Cortana "learns" your accent and pronunciation as well. I hope this helps and works for you, too.

*- I tried dictating other appointments and reminders twice, but it will not recognize what I said (especially names and places) unless I correct the text first and "teach" Cortana by typing what I meant to say.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes