Irony of App Developers

loverusham

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
A common scenario of devlopers. We always think we made the best App. Test it at a thousand times before publishing. Get a thousand downloads too but No Reviews Only the One in a million who gets a Crash or some bug is the One to give a bright Detailed Review of his problem on the front Page. Poor developer :unhappysweat:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
A common scenario of devlopers. We always think we made the best App. Test it at a thousand times before publishing. Get a thousand downloads too but No Reviews Only the One in a million who gets a Crash or some bug is the One to give a bright Detailed Review of his problem on the front Page. Poor developer :unhappysweat:

Not always the case. There have been many reviews of apps here in Windows Central, for example, of different apps, highlighting both the pros and cons. It's true that people tend to mention only what they find wrong in anything, but it's also true that when they see good they would support it... not all, but at least the good ones will. Criticisms are a great way of knowing what the market wants, and then improve the app based on what has been said. It's part of being a developer. But that's only for "apps"; can we imagine what top level CEOs and marketing executives go through each day?:wink:

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
There is a definite truth to that, in that people are more likely to complain about poor products or service than they are to to praise a positive experience.

I believe I read a study years ago that said people will complain to 10 people about a bad experience for every 1 opportunity to recommend a good service to someone. I don't know if those numbers were ever accurate or if they still are, but it is something to think about.

(in the wonderful book series the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe, Douglas Adams explained that there was a spaceship that was powered by bad news, because nothing in the known universe traveled faster than bad news)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss