My future NFC app <need help/>

KarmaEcrivain94

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I'm developping my first app ever, and it"s an app that can write slightly more original commands to NFC tags than launching the settings page.
For the moment I only have 4 commands:
-Lock screen
-Launch custom URI
-Launch setting
-Launch app

what other commands would you like to see?

P.S. Fun fact: although it's my first app, I'm investing a lot of effort in the look and feel ;)

EDIT: CHECK OUT NEW STUFF ON MY LAST POST! (end of page 1)

Last edited:

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: What functions would you like to see in an NFC tagging app?

Congratulations on your decision to develop for Windows phone. I am not sure if the API's are available, but would like the ability to turn on/off Wi-Fi, connect to a specific Bluetooth device. Also, I am not sure if this is possible, but it would be nice to have multiple actions in one tag. e.g. I get in the car. Connect to the Bluetooth music receiver, open a music app and turn off Wi-Fi all in one tag.

KarmaEcrivain94

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site

Congratulations on your decision to develop for Windows phone. I am not sure if the API's are available, but would like the ability to turn on/off Wi-Fi, connect to a specific Bluetooth device. Also, I am not sure if this is possible, but it would be nice to have multiple actions in one tag. e.g. I get in the car. Connect to the Bluetooth music receiver, open a music app and turn off Wi-Fi all in one tag.

A lot of people ask for this stuff, but the APIs are too shut for that. It's really ashame. Some limitations can be bypassed (like the lockscreen, and volume before 8.1) but I can't do anything else... I'il look into the other stuff :) I think the Bluetooth must be possible, not sure how, but wp can accept those kind of tags. Just need to see if it can write them.

P.S. Here is the UI I have for the moment:
W4sH9Fv.jpg

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

Looks good. The volume API is still available in 8.1? I really hate the monotonous mob of lowering the volume when I get to work everyday.
A lot of people ask for this stuff, but the APIs are too shut for that. It's really ashame. Some limitations can be bypassed (like the lockscreen, and volume before 8.1) but I can't do anything else... I'il look into the other stuff :) I think the Bluetooth must be possible, not sure how, but wp can accept those kind of tags. Just need to see if it can write them.

P.S. Here is the UI I have for the moment: http://i.imgur.com/W4sH9Fv.jpg

KarmaEcrivain94

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site

Looks good. The volume API is still available in 8.1? I really hate the monotonous mob of lowering the volume when I get to work everyday.

Nope. It was a sneaky bypass to change the volume, but 8.1 has stopped it working. Official APIs aren't available for volume :'(

KarmaEcrivain94

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site

Here are some screenshots:

Home:
azLFGvY.jpg

The following slides up from the bottom when you select "Launch App":
wNAf8u6.jpg

This one is the log. It appears when you tap the status bar at the bottom:
T0y9a5u.jpg

This appears on the first launch:
rRKG2Ui.jpg

I'm still waiting for more suggestions... Also, 2 things:
-What would you like to see as UI/UX improvements?
-I'm going to launch a private beta when this is actually functional. Who would potentiely be interested? (this is just to get an idea, I will open another topic for that when the time comes).

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
One suggestion about the UI i had was, can you make the bars in the first screen shot, bigger so that its easy to touch them?
Is there any way you can get this app to be trusted, so I don't have to touch on the prompt everytime?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss