OSX: Lol

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That didn't mention OS X or Linux. You'd need to check the source link and then desktop operating system on that site.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
That didn't mention OS X or Linux. You'd need to check the source link and then desktop operating system on that site.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk

I know. It's all speculation on my part. My bad Lol. I just wanted to see the reaction from the "i" people. Lol

MSFT is still king though.

Can anyone out there post anything concrete on my statement?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I know. It's all speculation on my part. My bad Lol. I just wanted to see the reaction from the "i" people. Lol

MSFT is still king though.

Can anyone out there post anything concrete on my statement?

I believe OS X is gaining market share, albeit slowly. Mac sales have increased in the past year.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Agree but at what market share? 5% tops. And that's strong to the tech world. Lol

But Windows Phone 3% is weak.

I don't get it.

I believe that is because of enterprise use. Other than graphic design, photography, film or music, OS X is not used in business. You won't find Macs in banks, law firms, etc.

Low market share is also mentioned about Linux, but that's desktop Linux. Many enterprises run Linux servers.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I believe that is because of enterprise use. Other than graphic design, photography, film or music, OS X is not used in business. You won't find Macs in banks, law firms, etc.

Low market share is also mentioned about Linux, but that's desktop Linux. Many enterprises run Linux servers.

Low market share is the key word here.

My question here is why is it that Linux and OSX is praised with low market shares through out the tech world?

But... Big But. Like facebook Big Like.
Lol

Why Windows Phone at 3% market shares is considered a failure?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

My question here is why is it that Linux and OSX is praised with low market shares through out the tech world?

Lol

Simply put there is an anti Microsoft perception. So it's easy to excuse others vs Microsoft.

Also it makes it interesting when the titan of desktop is struggling in mobile. So it gives them someone to bash since they are already anti Microsoft.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Lol

Probably because: OS X does not have such low market share if only consumers are considered, not enterprise users; Linux has high market share, if server OSes are considered, not just desktops; Windows Phone does not have significant market share with consumers or enterprise users.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Despite the low marketshare of OSX, Apple maintains a high profit margin on the Mac PCs and laptops they sell.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium