Who's the mac now?

According to this Windows Central article MSFT is king.

http://www.windowscentral.com/new-da...ows-81-october

Your thoughts?
    11-01-2014 12:08 PM
    That didn't mention OS X or Linux. You'd need to check the source link and then desktop operating system on that site.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk
    k0de likes this.
    11-01-2014 12:30 PM
    That didn't mention OS X or Linux. You'd need to check the source link and then desktop operating system on that site.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk
    I know. It's all speculation on my part. My bad Lol. I just wanted to see the reaction from the "i" people. Lol

MSFT is still king though.

Can anyone out there post anything concrete on my statement?
    11-01-2014 12:40 PM
    I know. It's all speculation on my part. My bad Lol. I just wanted to see the reaction from the "i" people. Lol

MSFT is still king though.

Can anyone out there post anything concrete on my statement?

I believe OS X is gaining market share, albeit slowly. Mac sales have increased in the past year.
    11-01-2014 12:43 PM
    I believe OS X is gaining market share, albeit slowly. Mac sales have increased in the past year.
    Agree but at what market share? 5% tops. And that's strong to the tech world. Lol

But Windows Phone 3% is weak.

I don't get it.
    11-01-2014 12:58 PM
    Agree but at what market share? 5% tops. And that's strong to the tech world. Lol

But Windows Phone 3% is weak.

I don't get it.

I believe that is because of enterprise use. Other than graphic design, photography, film or music, OS X is not used in business. You won't find Macs in banks, law firms, etc.

Low market share is also mentioned about Linux, but that's desktop Linux. Many enterprises run Linux servers.
    k0de and LTTG like this.
    11-01-2014 01:11 PM
    I believe that is because of enterprise use. Other than graphic design, photography, film or music, OS X is not used in business. You won't find Macs in banks, law firms, etc.

Low market share is also mentioned about Linux, but that's desktop Linux. Many enterprises run Linux servers.
    Low market share is the key word here.

My question here is why is it that Linux and OSX is praised with low market shares through out the tech world?

But... Big But. Like facebook Big Like.
    Lol

Why Windows Phone at 3% market shares is considered a failure?
    11-01-2014 01:20 PM

My question here is why is it that Linux and OSX is praised with low market shares through out the tech world?

Lol

Simply put there is an anti Microsoft perception. So it's easy to excuse others vs Microsoft.

Also it makes it interesting when the titan of desktop is struggling in mobile. So it gives them someone to bash since they are already anti Microsoft.
    11-01-2014 01:23 PM

Lol

Probably because: OS X does not have such low market share if only consumers are considered, not enterprise users; Linux has high market share, if server OSes are considered, not just desktops; Windows Phone does not have significant market share with consumers or enterprise users.
    11-01-2014 01:31 PM
    So you want to be a fire starter?
    11-01-2014 05:14 PM
    Despite the low marketshare of OSX, Apple maintains a high profit margin on the Mac PCs and laptops they sell.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-02-2014 09:55 PM