SO LONG WINDOWS PHONE- From a very long time user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Duncan1

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I have been loyally using Windows "Phone" products since way back with Windows Mobile 6 on a Motorola Q (circa 2002). From there I went to a Tilt 2 running Windows Mobile 6.5 (use to Custom Rom the heck out of that thing), a Samsung Focus running 7 and 7.5, a Nokia 920 running 8 and last a Nokia 1020 running 8.1. I have been one the biggest Windows Phone evangelist around here. My wife just purchased a new HTC One Windows (nice hardware) and one of my son's still use my old 920.

All that being said, it's time for me to say so long Windows Phone. I know the argument's about the "important" apps are now on Windows, but some of those are dropping their support (ie, Pageonce/Check) and there are still plenty important ones that are not even considering releasing a windows app. The appealing things that were once unique to Windows Phone in the early days like a functional Office suite and being able to reliably sync to Outlook and now found on IOS and android. Although the camera in my 1020 was exceptional, the sharable image is not that much better than those of the I-phone.

The appeal of the Windows Phones has passed, and as one of our IT guys at work has said, I have crossed over to the dark side and now have an IPhone 6 plus. :winktongue:

So Long Windows Phone. It's been a fun ride while it lasted !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon