What browser do you use on your PC?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
IE at work, IE at home, IE on phone. After IE6, I never found a reason to use anything else.

The main reason that I use Firefox is because I also run Linux. I am able to sync my bookmarks in Firefox, no matter if I'm running Windows or Linux. (I imported my Firefox bookmarks into IE, so they are all available on my Windows Phone.)

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Mostly use Firefox as well. Only time I use IE is on my WP.

The main reason that I use Firefox is because I also run Linux. I am able to sync my bookmarks in Firefox, no matter if I'm running Windows or Linux. (I imported my Firefox bookmarks into IE, so they are all available on my Windows Phone.)

I also like the way it syncs across devices, even my bookmarks toolbar. But in the syncing options, what does the syncing tabs selection mean? I was under the impression it would sync open/pinned tabs, but it doesn't seem to work for me.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Mostly use Firefox as well. Only time I use IE is on my WP.

I also like the way it syncs across devices, even my bookmarks toolbar. But in the syncing options, what does the syncing tabs selection mean? I was under the impression it would sync open/pinned tabs, but it doesn't seem to work for me.
I'm not sure. I've never tried the tab syncing options yet, since I've never seen a reason to use the same tabs on multiple devices. If I'm using one device at the moment, I won't be using the same app on another device.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure. I've never tried the tab syncing options yet, since I've never seen a reason to use the same tabs on multiple devices. If I'm using one device at the moment, I won't be using the same app on another device.

Yeah that's fair comment. There are occassional times though, where I have numerous pinned tabs while I'm on my laptop and it starts to slow down a bit. At which point, I'd like transfer to my PC and carry on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss