The Quotes Thread!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
"It has become almost a cliche to remark that nobody boasts of ignorance of literature, but it is socially acceptable to boast ignorance of science and proudly claim incompetence in mathematics."

Richard Dawkins

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
"It ain't those parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand."

Mark Twain

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm just warming up. :p I think there's a few more of Mr. Clemens that are supposed to be very good. :)

Great. I'm really liking this thread.
He was quite the sarcastic wordsmith. On a related note, I just rewatched an episode of The Next Generation featuring a trip back in time to meet Mr. Clemens. :) ha ha

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Great. I'm really liking this thread.
He was quite the sarcastic wordsmith. On a related note, I just rewatched an episode of The Next Generation featuring a trip back in time to meet Mr. Clemens. :) ha ha

It's a fun thread. I've been debating with myself what to post and how far I should push things. :p

That was one of my favourite episodes. The guy who plays him did a good job.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. - Susan B. Anthony

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
“Mac OS X is like living in a farmhouse in the country with no locks, and Windows is living in a house with bars on the windows in the bad part of town.”
-Charlie Miller

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster