Perfect Smartphone Size

mohit9206

May 25, 2013
Visit site
4 inches(Lumia 520) is the perfect size for my small hands because single handed use is very important to me. Also 4 inches is more than enough to enjoy web, videos, etc. However i have since bought a new phone with 4.3 inch screen and its not very comfortable to use with single hand (Moto E).

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I want a phone that stretches on demand. :D

I found the G3 too big for any sort of reasonable one handed operation. The Icon is marginal at 5" but my eyes are going so the 928 at 4.5" is a bit small. Get off my lawn!

You just reminded me of the Palm T3 with the slider portion that increased the screen size.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You just reminded me of the Palm T3 with the slider portion that increased the screen size.

You hit me right in the nostalgia. I loved mine, although I got mine quite some time after Palm went south.

For those who aren't in the know... the 2003 Palm Tungsten T3 went something like this.

440_05.gif

Andre-Omari John

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
4.5"-5" is the optimum size for a smartphone

There is no 'optimunm', it simply depends on what the user wants. One would think 4.5-5 inches is a good size, but I find my 8X uncomfortable to hold in any position (lying, sitting, standing) and that's just general use, like web browsing.

It's painful when gaming for periods longer than 30 mins. That's where a phablet (is that even considered a smartphone now, and if not, what phone is smaller than 4-5 inches in any case?) is preferable. Same goes for watching a movie.

And then there are stands, hand sizes, and whole bunch of other criteria to consider.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium