I was sent this link after someone heard of my wife's survival story... Well, more like her 1520's survival story:

10 real life stories of indestructible Nokia Lumias

This is from her mom via Facebook:

Got to tell you about our phones [mom has a 1520 as well]

[My daughter] dropped hers [1520] and shattered the screen. She was still using it. So, she goes to her meet up group...she is giving kayak lessons. She pulled a kayak from the lake...empties the water from it....loads it and goes back for another. She noticed something yellow in the water and picked it up....it was her phone...it still worked...never even turned off. There is water in the screen because it was broken...that was Monday [12/29/2014] morning. The phone Is Still working. She has ordered another but this one is WORKING fine!!

These must be the best phones I have seen. Full of water and still ticking...she never even dried it out.

They are the Windows Lumia 1520 phones...

Think I will keep mine!! [at one point, she was considering going to the iPhone 6, not anymore]
    This was my wife's follow-up on the FB conversation:

The water inside added a nice leopard print to everything. So it is durable AND stylish!
    I have since ordered her a new phone which will be arriving today. I will see if she can send me a picture of the way her screen is now. :)

Any other survival stories?

[Moderators, please feel free to move this thread if there is a more suitable place for it, oh, and Thank You!]
    Harrie-S, gMaesterUK and aximtreo like this.
    12-31-2014 07:59 AM
    I'm glad, I've always found Nokia's to be pretty robust.

My partner currently has a 920 and wants to move to a iPhone 6 (due to the ecosystem lock-in), prob is my partner is forever dropping the phone. I keep saying that if you do that with an iPhone it'll be an expensive paper weight!

G.
    12-31-2014 08:46 AM
    Prior to the 635 my last Nokia was back in the brick days.

In 2007 after having three of the free LG flip phones break on me (one fell onto carpet and screen shattered) in a span of a month, I ordered a Nokia (forget the model #) off eBay for $30. That thing survived the hard college life for two years. When I finally did get a new phone my room mate and I decided to do a durability test...we dropped it in an icy puddle, dropped it out our 4 story windows and ran it over with his Jeep Liberty. The thing still worked!
    aximtreo likes this.
    12-31-2014 08:53 AM
    I work as a PC and mobile technician, got a Lumia 925 that a car ran over, screen broken and the phone won't turn on, I opened it, disconnected the battery 🔋 and connected it again after a minute. Pressed the power button and it booted up normally and the screen and touch is still ok.

Btw I have a Lumia 925 too
    12-31-2014 08:55 AM
    Well, I am happy to say that my wife has her replacement Yellow 1520 and is VERY happy with it.

She ordered a case and a screen protector so it will be better protected and will not use the waterproof case when she is out on the water. :D

I think she might have learned her lesson... Well, for now at least.
    aximtreo and Rafael Yousuf like this.
    01-02-2015 09:26 AM