Intel Atom Phones

Marquis de Faux

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
ASUS just made some ridiculously low priced flagships with ridiculously high specs, possible because the Intel Atom processor.
Should Microsoft make future Lumias with Intel Atom?

I think ASUS just made the next big success with the Zenfone 2 for only $199...

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
It can't hurt. Of course, Microsoft has a good working relationship with Intel. For two decades, the primary computing platform was Wintel. Qualcomm is crushing it in mobile, but Intel is a big player in the market. I wouldn't count them out.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I think perhaps a Windows 10 Phone with an i7 and a physical, detachable keyboard would be even better, but I'm not getting my hopes up. :)

I think once Windows 10 moves to phone, it could be quite natural to use x86/x64 processors for a Windows Phone. It could really make the "Universal Apps" even more universal. Be even nicer if it could run desktop apps with a Bluetooth keyboard/mouse, while miracasting the display to my HDTV. Wouldn't need a PC anymore except for the heavy lifting stuff.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm definitely checking them out. I know it from CES. Only problem is that it's coming out the same time as all the other flagships and I'm a power user. However if the the phone for that price can stand up then I'm getting it. I really want a change in the manufacturer and I like Asus. I also like Intel chips and Asus design + their low light camera performance with Zenfone 2 :). It's awesome. I'd get Android or Windows version if it came out :).

Plus 4GB of ram version of course costs more, yet it's still lighting years in front of Samsung and HTC flagship phones that will now jump to ~800? in my place so yeah..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital