A brick works better than my Lumia 635...

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey, if we used duct tape to strap the Lumia to the brick, then it would work better. Might not be able to read the screen very well, though. I've got it! Clear packaging tape! That'll do it! Touch screen might not work, but when you've got a brick, who's going to laugh at you?

Hey, Septembersrain, if you do this, then next time someone asks, "What have you got in that purse, a brick?" You can say, "Sure do. Don't mess with me." Might come in real handy on a blind date.

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Well, no, we haven't pondered the Lumia 920. On a budget, you get a 520, or 635, and use clear packaging tape to attach the brick. I can't afford higher end bricks, I'm afraid.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Bye the way rhapdog your brick must have seen a large part of the world if you take it with you on your trips.

Last edited:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
What about double-sided tape instead of the duct tape?

And why oh why are we planning to throw bricks at the "blind date" guys; some of them are nice (this is a fact that I would like to believe... lol)

I own a 920 and it serves me well as a paperweight xd

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Well, my 635 is a great paperweight with the right case. Use a nice case and have a nice paperweight. I personally use my satellite 📡 for a weight, but that might be a bit too expensive for some here. And it takes forever to ship.

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
What about double-sided tape instead of the duct tape?
Well, I live in the deep south of the USA. Redneck country. If you can't fix it with duct tape, it ain't worth fixin'.

And why oh why are we planning to throw bricks at the "blind date" guys; some of them are nice (this is a fact that I would like to believe... lol)
Hey, not all of them. It's a "just in case" measure in case he turns out to be a jerk. If he survives the brick, a friend can still ring your 635 and tell you there's an "emergency at home." That covers all the bases.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea