jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Strange we all seem to adjust to our conditioned surroundings, i can shoot a rifle right shoulder but not left.

Is your right eye dominant? I have a right handed friend who's left eye is dominant, so he finds it much easier to shoot leftie.

Thought I'd chip. Kinda feeling left out in this thread (right handed) but... My best friend and my brother are left handed. I'm sorry to say but both their hand writing is absolutely disgusting. So I always associate lefties with bad writing.

Guilty as charged. But I'm a good typer and my printer outputs great looking writing!

saulgould13

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Interesting u said that regarding left/right eye dominance, my right eye seems to manage distance better, however using a handgun at closer ranges left eye.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Interesting u said that regarding left/right eye dominance, my right eye seems to manage distance better, however using a handgun at closer ranges left eye.
I'm left eye dominant, but I can shoot rifles/shotguns either left or right handed. Rifles definitely tend to be designed for right handed shooters, especially bolt action, due to where the cartridges get ejected.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm left eye dominant, but I can shoot rifles/shotguns either left or right handed. Rifles definitely tend to be designed for right handed shooters, especially bolt action, due to where the cartridges get ejected.

A former coworker was in the Army, and always told me that you could tell the left-handed shooters on days when there was shooting drills, because lefties buttoned their shirts all the way to the top because the hot expended rounds ejected from the M-16s would hit their collars and go down their shirts. Dunno if that's true or not, but it's a good story!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
A former coworker was in the Army, and always told me that you could tell the left-handed shooters on days when there was shooting drills, because lefties buttoned their shirts all the way to the top because the hot expended rounds ejected from the M-16s would hit their collars and go down their shirts. Dunno if that's true or not, but it's a good story!

It's probably true. My father was in the Army and was left-handed. He said he did that.

saulgould13

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone noticed differences when driving stick shift cars? For example if Your Aussie lefty stick driving is natural as opposed to US drivers.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
To me, using the stick shift with my left hand seems like it would be weird. I don't know. I've never driven or been in a car that was set up for a right-side driver. I am used to driving with m left hand on the wheel, and my right hand is often on the console, even if I'm driving an automatic.

saulgould13

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Another thing I noticed against lefty's, swipe terminals at registers and metro card swipes at subway entrance's, both are on right sides.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo