02-10-2015 03:28 PM
30 12
tools
    Lefty's Corner.. Any lefty's out there with some fresh ideas living in a right handed world?.
    01-22-2015 04:46 PM
    southpaw here, not much to say, but I'll leave this here.

leftorium-1024x671.jpg
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-22-2015 08:40 PM
    I don't any innovative solutions, either. I just popped in to offer empathy. I too, am living in a world that is inexplicably backwards.
    01-22-2015 09:53 PM
    Love the leftorium lol!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-23-2015 07:34 AM
    Yup I'm a lefty.. left handed high five to all lefty's :P
    xandros9 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-25-2015 07:03 AM
    So I don't know if I am a true lefty While I write with my left hand most everything else is right handed I guess we need a definition of what left handed is.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-27-2015 03:40 PM
    So I don't know if I am a true lefty While I write with my left hand most everything else is right handed I guess we need a definition of what left handed is.
    guess that means ambidextrous?
    i consider dominant writing hand the primary indicator, personally.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-27-2015 05:20 PM
    I write right-handed and throw right-handed, but I bat either way. I also rake leaves left-handed.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk
    01-27-2015 06:49 PM
    Heh... I was the only righty in a family of 5. Got a side of the table to myself though so we didn't bump elbows as kids.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-27-2015 06:57 PM
    Left handed for writing, but I throw, golf, and kick righty. Also use a mouse with my right hand.

Always boggles my mind - hand me a sheet of paper and tell me to sign my name, I'll use my left hand. Ask me to sign my name with a computer mouse and i'll use my right
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-30-2015 10:25 AM
    Wow, nice to know there are others out there like me...I do all my precision and fine motor functions (like writing) with my left and do most gross motor skills (like throwing) with my right. It was a nightmare in kindergarten with left handed scissors.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-30-2015 10:29 AM
    I do almost everything with my left hand. But using a mouse I do with right (mostly because that's how a computer mouse is designed and switching it to the left with cords and all and switching the buttons is a real pain to do every time if you use central computers). Touch pads and touch screen mostly with left. But my phone both with left and right, depending on what I'm doing / holding with my left hand. Also sports and fine motor with left.
    Even using a Wiimote with left while it is actually designed for right hand usage if using a nunchuck :P (like in Skyward Sword where it is displayed right and Link holds it sword right).
    jmshub and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-30-2015 10:42 AM
    - Approx 20% of the world is left-handed.
    - Lefties reportedly have a slightly shorter lifespan.

Just means lefties are cooler and get more done in a shorter time frame.

One suggestion I've seen some penmakers do is make their pens either with no markings or brandings ambidextrous...that way people can see the label either way and therefore maybe buy it.

Penned on a Xperia Z3
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-31-2015 08:49 AM
    I do almost everything with my left hand. But using a mouse I do with right (mostly because that's how a computer mouse is designed and switching it to the left with cords and all and switching the buttons is a real pain to do every time if you use central computers). Touch pads and touch screen mostly with left. But my phone both with left and right, depending on what I'm doing / holding with my left hand. Also sports and fine motor with left.
    Even using a Wiimote with left while it is actually designed for right hand usage if using a nunchuck :P (like in Skyward Sword where it is displayed right and Link holds it sword right).
    I'm exactly the same way. I do everything lefty, except computer mouse. But touchpad is used with my left hand. I turn my touchpad buttons backwards for left-handed users, but I work on other people's laptops so often that I almost never hit the touchpad button correctly when I'm trying to right-click. I should just turn mine back to right-handed mode to conform to everyone else, but that is just one of the dances that lefties do all the time to confuse ourselves, I guess.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-02-2015 09:32 AM
    Strange we all seem to adjust to our conditioned surroundings, i can shoot a rifle right shoulder but not left.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-02-2015 02:01 PM
    All the video game protagonists in those first-person shooters I play are right-handed.

I saw one where it was left-handed, and then i realized the video was flipped.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-02-2015 06:41 PM
    - Approx 20% of the world is left-handed.
    - Lefties reportedly have a slightly shorter lifespan.

Just means lefties are cooler and get more done in a shorter time frame.

One suggestion I've seen some penmakers do is make their pens either with no markings or brandings ambidextrous...that way people can see the label either way and therefore maybe buy it.

Penned on a Xperia Z3
    Recent US Presidents include a lot of leftys. Handedness of Presidents of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    02-02-2015 10:22 PM
    Thought I'd chip. Kinda feeling left out in this thread (right handed) but... My best friend and my brother are left handed. I'm sorry to say but both their hand writing is absolutely disgusting. So I always associate lefties with bad writing.
    02-02-2015 11:10 PM
    My stepfather back in the day when he attended catholic school as a born dominant hand lefty was forced in school to write with his right hand.
    02-03-2015 06:55 AM
    I find Windows phone very lefty-friendly, important buttons are on the left such as back button and the new hamburgher menus in Windows 10.
    02-03-2015 07:03 AM
    Strange we all seem to adjust to our conditioned surroundings, i can shoot a rifle right shoulder but not left.
    Is your right eye dominant? I have a right handed friend who's left eye is dominant, so he finds it much easier to shoot leftie.

Thought I'd chip. Kinda feeling left out in this thread (right handed) but... My best friend and my brother are left handed. I'm sorry to say but both their hand writing is absolutely disgusting. So I always associate lefties with bad writing.
    Guilty as charged. But I'm a good typer and my printer outputs great looking writing!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-03-2015 04:02 PM
    Interesting u said that regarding left/right eye dominance, my right eye seems to manage distance better, however using a handgun at closer ranges left eye.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-04-2015 06:50 AM
    Interesting u said that regarding left/right eye dominance, my right eye seems to manage distance better, however using a handgun at closer ranges left eye.
    I'm left eye dominant, but I can shoot rifles/shotguns either left or right handed. Rifles definitely tend to be designed for right handed shooters, especially bolt action, due to where the cartridges get ejected.
    02-04-2015 02:11 PM
    I'm left eye dominant, but I can shoot rifles/shotguns either left or right handed. Rifles definitely tend to be designed for right handed shooters, especially bolt action, due to where the cartridges get ejected.
    A former coworker was in the Army, and always told me that you could tell the left-handed shooters on days when there was shooting drills, because lefties buttoned their shirts all the way to the top because the hot expended rounds ejected from the M-16s would hit their collars and go down their shirts. Dunno if that's true or not, but it's a good story!
    Laura Knotek and xandros9 like this.
    02-04-2015 03:58 PM
    A former coworker was in the Army, and always told me that you could tell the left-handed shooters on days when there was shooting drills, because lefties buttoned their shirts all the way to the top because the hot expended rounds ejected from the M-16s would hit their collars and go down their shirts. Dunno if that's true or not, but it's a good story!

It's probably true. My father was in the Army and was left-handed. He said he did that.
    jmshub and xandros9 like this.
    02-04-2015 04:00 PM
30 12