Your Suggestions Needed

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
So guys, I'm getting some cash together to buy a new PC. Now, surprisingly I found myself totally undecided on what to get as I'm usually very effective in weeding out a device I can see myself wanting.. But strangely its not the cse this time.

I want to buy a laptop/2-in-1 with good build quality. I've been leaning towards a HP Split x2. It's got great aluminum build. Solid keyboard dock but its screen is 1366 x 768, and I strongly believe that 1080p should be the default standard res now on devices. Anyhow, see below for my wants.

Here are my wants:-

Price: $400-$550
Screen size: 12.5"-13.3"
Resolution: Full HD 1080p or (1366x768)
RAM: 4gigs
Storage: 128gigs flash storage or ssd
Keyboard: Keyboard dock with decent keyboard and trackpad
Ports: HDMI, USB 3.0, Card reader
Battery: At least 6hrs

So there you have it guys.. Please make some recommendations. Include pics and links to websites of your suggestions.
Sent from my Lumia 1320 all the way from Jupiter.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The Dell Venue 11 Pro comes to mind. It's right under that 12.5" screen floor, but I think its worth a look.

The ThinkPad 10 is another option I think, although its even smaller. Maybe the Miix 2 10. (although probably not what you want)

I would be quick to recommend Lenovo's excellent lineup of Yoga 2-in-1 notebooks, but they're, new, maybe $100 above your price ceiling, but I think you can have success looking at the secondhand or refurb section of a store.
If there's a Micro Center near you, you can potentially find great deals on those sorts of things.

A base Surface Pro 2 or a bit higher-end Surface Pro 1 may fit in that price range, but as you may know, its got a screen that's too small like the other 10 tablets here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire