My thought for Windows' mobile os.

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
First of all,i would like to tell you how i got into Windows Phone "world".About 1.5 year ago i wanted a new phone and back then the only cheap dual core device was a nokia,i always thought WP is lame and android is the best but i always loved nokia so decided to try it and i got the 520.i loved that the OS had a simple and nice design,but with the past of time,i understood the features (and apps it was lacking) but still made me keep it and become less an android fan,im suprised how well treated my 520 got,from stock 8.0 now it has 8.1.1,even some android flagships never got so well treated.but lately,520 after a hard fight of constant heavy usage and some abuse i had to get a new phone.the question was,go back to android with many apps and hacks or carry on with nokia? Answer was nokia because once again the price couldnt be resisted,now im here,with a 730 and i see how far Windows Phone went,after win10 announcement i got even more excited.Thank you microsoft.i can say that WP can easily compete android,just lackage of apps is what leaving it behind,devs have to wake up and make more apps for WP too,thats how it will succeed

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
the price couldnt be resisted,

I've been looking at Android phones recently (out of interest - no way am I going to relinquish my L735!) and I just can't find a device that is as well built, with comparable specs, for the same price.

Some might say the Moto G 4G is a close match, but it's not: aside from the fixed battery, the main camera is absolutely terrible. In fact, it was the Moto G that drove me away from Android and into the arms of WP.

And as you say, very few Android phones are being updated to the (buggy as hell) Lollipop. If I buy an Android, I want it to be updated, not stuck with KitKat.

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Yeah,i was in a dillemma between the Moto G (2014) and the 730,well results are obvious.
Also i noticed that mostly high end android phones get updates but still not as much as some windows phones,the low-end 520 is almost 2 years old and it might get Windows 10-a major update!
P.S. 730/735 is the best phone i ever had

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
730/735 is the best phone i ever had
I agree. The phone is almost perfect for my needs. Even an ardent iPhone fan I know cast an admiring eye at my L735.

With W10 on the way, I'm thinking of buying a second L735 to use with the preview releases.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99