Are you on Facebook?

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I recently got off Facebook. Didn't see the point of it anymore.

Looking at Windows Phone home screen shots, I noticed not a lot of people have Facebook pinned on their home screens.

Is there a lot of Windows Phone users still on there?

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Dude, majority use FB and the corresponding apps on each ecosystem. It is not like if you don't like it, folks wont use it :)

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. I'm not saying people shouldn't use it because I don't. It's just that I found it interesting that I didn't see a lot of Facebook apps on their home screen and I was wondering if there were a lot of people who quit like me :)

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I am on Facebook, but to be honest, I really sort of dislike it, but kind of feel obligated to use it. Family, especially those out of town use it to keep in touch with me. Also, I'm in a local band, a lot of the area musicians use Facebook to network.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I quit using Facebook before I even started using Windows Phones. It's been over 3 years since I deleted my Facebook account. I got sick of all the Farmville game requests that were so popular back then, so I got rid of Facebook completely.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Are you on Facebook

I quit around 2 years ago.
Hanging out here is enough internet time for me.

The wife is on FBook constantly with the games.
I'm the one that got her started...

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I am on Facebook, but to be honest, I really sort of dislike it, but kind of feel obligated to use it. Family, especially those out of town use it to keep in touch with me. Also, I'm in a local band, a lot of the area musicians use Facebook to network.

Yeah I eventually may do that with my own music but for the moment I do it mostly with Twitter. I kept my Facebook account opened for that reason at first but given I never have time to record proper demos, I just ended up using it for negative stuff (political messages, news from around the world, etc.). I think too much of that is not good for the brain.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
TBH I only use FB to stay in contact with two groups (fan base; sports team) and I use messenger the most to stay in contact with some of my classmates, especially for the cases where I miss class because of work.. I use a lot of apps, but don't actually pin them anymore, unless it can give me vital information that I need to have at a glance, otherwise swiping right and tapping on the letters works well for me. Plus it gives me an excuse to keep my brain active, instead of just unlocking the phone and forgetting what I was looking for, because I have 10 other things on my mind

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I quit using Facebook before I even started using Windows Phones. It's been over 3 years since I deleted my Facebook account. I got sick of all the Farmville game requests that were so popular back then, so I got rid of Facebook completely.

You could've blocked the requests :D or was that option only added recently?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I think way back game requests couldn't be blocked easily if I remember correctly.

Yea I accidentally stumbled onto it at the beginning of last year whilst looking for another security setting.. It was the highlight of my day lol (wondering if that sounds sad)

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Ah I can relate I'm plopped in the chair here looking out the windows at everything that needs to be done

Cortana bugs me daily to do my "chores" (Which means all my tasks and projects), so I end up doing them anyways.. Good practice for when I end up getting hitched xd

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I am On it .. Facebook is just a virtual way to express things is more lazy way but more constructively if used right .. There are things you can't do in normal way .. I u deal with any info or things that u need to deliver to group of people .. U may use way diff from the FB .. But fb delivers much easier way .. Some people get overwhelmed by fb and over react in and with it ... Remember you who has the controller.. U choose what to do in fb and when and how to use it .. But others are used by facebook to act in virtual way .. And tell me what do u use to do what fb users do instead .. ( I mean normal not addicted one ;) )

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Cortana bugs me daily to do my "chores" (Which means all my tasks and projects), so I end up doing them anyways..

Too bad Cortana can't take me by the arm.
Show me what should be done first.
Point out which items are best for the assignment.
Then help me understand why this needs doing right away.

K back to Facebook
I don't think I'll ever return :)

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Too bad Cortana can't take me by the arm.
Show me what should be done first.
Point out which items are best for the assignment.
Then help me understand why this needs doing right away

So the secret to a happily married life is to let my chores pile up? Got it xd

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers