Are you on Facebook?

burgerkill

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
What in this post makes you want to quit FB?

For me it had a lot to do with negativity and, of course, this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfnKmPQdapw

Well, some of you reminded me of how FB has turned into some kind of propaganda machine where people post political stuff and things they think matter much (I'm an easterner, but I have many western friends - I've seen too many different opinions, some of them are a little too harsh/ ignorant). I just think I could've done much more important things without being distracted by it. I'm still looking for another way to keep in touch with people that matter by the way.

Edit: It's not like the East vs the West, it's more like everyone thinks they're always right on the internet.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I like to refer to Facebook as FBook...
Sounds seedy and non family friendly.

I have to say some people I know in the groove refute Facebook as a fad vs. a necessity of the internet.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I like to refer to Facebook as FBook...
Sounds seedy and non family friendly.

I have to say some people I know in the groove refute Facebook as a fad vs. a necessity of the internet.
When Facebook started I couldn't use it if I wanted to. It was only for students at that time.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
When did facebook get really popular?
I mean as far as popular culture?

I still get ticklers from MySpace by e-mail...haven't been on MySpace in eons.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
When did facebook get really popular?
I mean as far as popular culture?

I still get ticklers from MySpace by e-mail...haven't been on MySpace in eons.
I believe it was whenever anyone was allowed to use Facebook, not just students.

I don't remember exactly what date that happened.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Ya know...
Since I left Facebook I haven't even given it a second thought until this here thread.

I miss the contact in a way...
...my main communication channels with friends are text and whatslapp these days..

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm on FB and honestly its useful. I wont knock it. Even my some of my aunts/uncles in their eighties just started on it. It's great way to keep in touch. Forget the games and those stupid news feed and adverts. You just have to fiddle around with the settings and you'll find its ain't so painful to use.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Well, some of you reminded me of how FB has turned into some kind of propaganda machine where people post political stuff and things they think matter much (I'm an easterner, but I have many western friends - I've seen too many different opinions, some of them are a little too harsh/ ignorant). I just think I could've done much more important things without being distracted by it. I'm still looking for another way to keep in touch with people that matter by the way.

Edit: It's not like the East vs the West, it's more like everyone thinks they're always right on the internet.

I moved everyone I know on Skype :p

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Facebook but mostly use just the messenger service as most of my friends use that to communicate. I rarely post though. I probably just check the feeds once in awhile and exit

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Never thought of using it, but my youngest son forced me because he needed something for his "farm" so he created an account fot me out of my name just for his "farm" hahaha now i am using it as a shout out to my relatives and friends. Al wat i post there is set as private only "friends" can watch or comment. Okay, i know that private and facebook not going well together. So yea i use FB but not on a daily routine.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm still on facebook. I find it really convenient to keep in touch with relatives around the world be it seeing what they have to share (random moments, pics etc) or just messaging/group messaging.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss