09-21-2016 07:13 AM
477 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Anyone ever been to the Institute of Technology in Boston?

We went a number of years ago and were able to sit thru the wonders of electricity in there.
    There's 2 very large Tesla coils in there that put on one heck of an impressive display.
    Whole thing was pretty spectacular.
    I've never seen those, but there is a large one south of me in Hot Springs, Arkansas, that puts on a nice display as well. I am fascinated by them.
    02-09-2015 03:34 PM
    Anyone knows about glycolysis , glucokinase , hexokinase , insulin anything about biochemistry ? I need to ask something

Biochemistry and molecular biology were two subjects I hated. I only studied enough to get passing grades and then promptly forgot anything I might have learnt.
    palandri and Guytronic like this.
    02-09-2015 03:58 PM
    I just saw this in my Twitter timeline. http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...ention/385279/
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk
    Guytronic likes this.
    02-09-2015 04:11 PM
    Bless those "Ancient Aliens" for the Discovery channel, PBS, TLC and Eric Von Daniken!!
    Hey Hey HEY!
    Ancient Aliens is more in line with my thread:
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/off...g-history.html

Lets keep this thread pure science. Ultimately, I hope there are cross conversations between the two threads as new discoveries are made (that aren't all due to Alien intervention...)
    02-09-2015 04:30 PM
    Lene Hau - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Attached Thumbnails lenehau.jpg  
    02-09-2015 09:24 PM
    Thanks for posting this. I just started reading the article, but jeeez, she's awesome!
    02-09-2015 09:57 PM
    Fascinating.
    Actually stopped light!

I just saw this in my Twitter timeline. http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...ention/385279/
    I really like stuff like this.
    Good for reference collection..
    palandri and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-09-2015 10:24 PM
    I'm pretty sure you guyz had seen this:
    Neil Armstrong's widow discovers moon camera in cupboard - Telegraph

Not very scientific...I got a hoot out of the story because it's true to the nature of a government employee.
    palandri, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    02-09-2015 10:29 PM
    Slightly off topic but I have been to Vejle where she was born in Denmark.
    Laura Knotek, N_LaRUE and palandri like this.
    02-09-2015 10:53 PM
    Anyone knows about glycolysis , glucokinase , hexokinase , insulin anything about biochemistry ? I need to ask something
    24 years ago I knew a whole lot about those. Didn't end up working in the industry so haven't used it since. And a whole lot of subsequent science has occurred since.
    02-09-2015 11:02 PM
    02-10-2015 12:01 AM
    24 years ago I knew a whole lot about those. Didn't end up working in the industry so haven't used it since. And a whole lot of subsequent science has occurred since.
    Same with me. I graduated in 1991 but never worked in the biology field.
    Guytronic, N_LaRUE and palandri like this.
    02-10-2015 12:02 AM
    Mmmm...
    Fluidic space.
    Read about this some time ago.

Will the weirdness ever end?
    02-10-2015 12:10 AM
    I read an article about this a few years back. I mentioned it to a friend (I worked with him in Australia) of mine who is a creationist (sad too because he's fairly intelligent) and he was very intrigued because one of the things they try to use against an old universe is light having different speeds.

He found out that day I wasn't a believer. I never saw someone so stunned. Not sure if it rocked his world view or not but he seemed wary of me after that for awhile. He continued to feed his mind with denialism though, sadly. :/
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 02-10-2015 at 01:17 AM.
    02-10-2015 12:10 AM
    Interesting hypothesis. I'll await for testing of the model to see what happens and what comes out that.

The comments at the article are interesting.... Some better than others.
    02-10-2015 12:24 AM
    Mmmm...
    Fluidic space.
    Read about this some time ago.

Will the weirdness ever end?
    Nope. There's plenty more where that came from, let alone what's left on earth to sort out.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 02-10-2015 at 01:18 AM.
    02-10-2015 12:26 AM
    Speaking of high frequency energy....😊 All of this Tesla talk put me in the mood to drag out my Tesla Coil for my kiddos to see. Once I get it dusted off, I'll try to post some pictures of it in action. :)
    That's pretty cool. It was many years ago that I saw one of those in a science centre back in Canada.
    02-10-2015 01:21 AM
    A great idea 💡 this threat is awesome !
    02-10-2015 01:37 AM
    02-10-2015 03:08 AM
    This guy is from the UK and I read this book after reading Brian Greene's string theory book.
    Big Bang - Simon Singh - Google Books
    I ordered it from the library.
    02-10-2015 03:17 AM
    Anyone ever been to the Institute of Technology in Boston?

We went a number of years ago and were able to sit thru the wonders of electricity in there.
    There's 2 very large Tesla coils in there that put on one heck of an impressive display.
    Whole thing was pretty spectacular.
    Talking about electricity, I changed 6 bulbs and three fixtures in my house to LED lighting and dropped my electrical bill $15 a month.

The only strange thing that occurred was the light above my kitchen sink has 7 LED bulbs with a clear lens, so the light isn't diffused and it gives any item 7 shadows.
    02-10-2015 06:30 AM
    I ordered it from the library.
    It is an awesome book. I actually owned it and then loaned it to a friend and asked him to pay it forward. Let me know how you like it.
    palandri and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-10-2015 11:01 AM
    Talking about electricity, I changed 6 bulbs and three fixtures in my house to LED lighting and dropped my electrical bill $15 a month.

The only strange thing that occurred was the light above my kitchen sink has 7 LED bulbs with a clear lens, so the light isn't diffused and it gives any item 7 shadows.
    Nah man, those shadows are from the Disco Ball the missus put up.
    02-10-2015 11:02 AM

When I bought my first house about 14 years ago, I paid an arm and a leg and put CFL in every single light outlet and bought the best energy efficient appliances that were available at that time. My electric bill for the house was lower than the apartment I used to live in:-)
    N_LaRUE, palandri and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-10-2015 11:03 AM

I replaced all the 50W halogens with 5W LEDs. :) I can't replace three lights unfortunately but at least most are done. :) we've been doing pretty well energy rise until the winter came. We have electric heaters.
    02-10-2015 11:13 AM
477 ... 23456 ...